Nc gtg 10/2/10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like I'll be working the weekend so no trip again. This work stuff is starting to get annoying.:( Oh well maybe we can have another mini GTG sometime later this fall.

Yeah maybe we can get up to hillbillys place again and ya'll can make it. The way it looks I'll be busy until the second week of december.

SP i hope we have a good attendance its going to be nice weather compared to the spring time nice temps and blue skys

going to be looking for them C-72 parts today for LP if i find any i will bring them saturday to save on shipping

slickeast, 67, pops, Calvin, 2K +1(maybe), BBB, NC4AB, hillbilly

Tommy? Om21braz?

Coming up shortly. Had a few saws running yesterday, a few that wouldnt do anything. haha

Yep I tore down the dolmar 5100 last night to fix a little lean sieze. She should be running tonight or tommarow night. So its looking like the 288xp and the 5100 will be heading down with me. I'm really looking foward to putting the 288 threw some big hard wood. Its only got about a tank of run time after the rebuild.

3 MORE DAYS

Yep I tore down the dolmar 5100 last night to fix a little lean sieze. She should be running tonight or tommarow night. So its looking like the 288xp and the 5100 will be heading down with me. I'm really looking foward to putting the 288 threw some big hard wood. Its only got about a tank of run time after the rebuild.

3 MORE DAYS

Bring that little donkey saw on big boy I got you some mule size chunks laying at the creek with your name on um. Be safe traveling down.
Joe

Hey all ya'll that are coming Saturday bring your wife or girlfriends pocketbook I may be having a saw yard sale if these critters don't get to running and stop bugging me. Just built some today that need a new home too.

Need to have you all keep me informed of the road conditions dont want to get out friday evening and find out i cannot get there due to flooded roads

i may have to go around the bodys of water so need u all keep me informed thanks
calvin

Yeah I have a feeling saturday will be soupy wet. I can't imagine how much rain will fall between now and sat. Were right on the edge of the system. Just sprinkling so far.

So SP what is you weapon of choice? Would it happen to be purple? LOL :)

Last edited:
Yeah I have a feeling saturday will be soupy wet. I can't imagine how much rain will fall between now and sat. Were right on the edge of the system. Just sprinkling so far.

Stop with that negativity, I looked today and the forecast said sunshine and cooler weather :)

:( but it is rained all afternoon. lol

Stop with that negativity, I looked today and the forecast said sunshine and cooler weather :)

:( but it is rained all afternoon. lol

Ain't that the truth, we needed this rain about 2 months ago, not now. Fall means dead leaves and eaiser to see deer in the treestand.:blob2:

Gold hill for Saturday looks NICE! 50 for a low Friday night and 73 for a high Saturday.:rockn::rockn::rockn:

3 MORE DAYS

I'm looking forward to the 288, never ran one....

Me neither :cry: lol :biggrinbounce2:
Thought I would have mind figured out by sat, but I think it needs a vac/pressure check and it hasnt been on the priority list.

There should be another 288 there though.

Anybody can feel free to haul in a 60" log and we will do some cuttin with the 3120:blob2:

Im pretty excited.

Sure she run the snott out of her. I hope there is someone else there that has a running stock 288. It would be neat to do some timed cuts between the two. I never got to run it stock.

BTW does anyone have a tach they could bring. I would like to see what kinda rpm's my 288 and 5100 are turning.

So SP what is you weapon of choice? Would it happen to be purple? LOL :)

All I got is this little bitty 084 Stihl it's pink no purple on it I'll paint it if you want mre to.

I've actually alwayse had a soft spot for the 084. I was looking for one before I got the 288. I quickly found out stihl parts saws are just way over priced. Unless you can find one driving around. Just for kicks I wounder how far behind the 288 will be from the 084 with....... lets say a 36"bar. Saturday needs to get here quicker. :yoyo::bang:

I've actually alwayse had a soft spot for the 084. I was looking for one before I got the 288. I quickly found out stihl parts saws are just way over priced. Unless you can find one driving around. Just for kicks I wounder how far behind the 288 will be from the 084 with....... lets say a 36"bar. Saturday needs to get here quicker. :yoyo::bang:

We can test that out. The 084 has a 25" and 8 pin on it now though. But we have a 36" for it.

Yep Im ready, but plenty to get ready before hand.

I got a saw that I hope will run, but I cant run it by myself :biggrinbounce2:

I have a 7 and 8 pin sproket. Full comp chain with 28" bar. What size logs will we be cutting sat? To be honest I've never cut a tree bigger then 30" and that was a pine.

I bet that 72" bar is a real hoot to run. I bet it would pull some serious noodles.

You got a 2 man saw running?:clap:

Back