Nc gtg 10/2/10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything from 16-24" and then there is a round or two of 36" white oak

72" bar is pretty heavy, and you have to kind of feather it, you cant just drop it in a log.

And yea SPs DA-211 Mercury will be running and making sweet deafening music.

2 more days!

Ya'll take lots of pictures and videos for us that can't make it.

I was really hoping to make this one. The outage I'm in has run over. We're usually done by now and back home about this time. I was thinking I was going to make it.

i am going to try to make it. i am not making any promises though. i got a b stihl 070 with a 36 inch old stihl bar i'll try to get running, maybe the super xl-925, 360 that doesn't run right, maybe a couple of others whos knows. i just love to hear that big stihl run it doesn't get used much. thanks guy for all your time

GTG TOMMOROW!

Seems all these saws that ran last month or so when we put in carb kits, dont want to run again :dizzy: haha

Ill have my bottle feeder for anybody elses saws that want to be stubborn

Ok I got the 5100 back together and running. I might bring the 041. Its weird reading that the gtg is tommarow when I haven't even went to bed yet. I had to think a minute. My first reaction was oh crap its friday instead of saturday. lol

Just gotta throw the gear in the truck. Already got 2 gallons of fresh 94 octane with stihl ultra ready to go.

Saws I'm bringing.
husky 350
husky 288xp
dolmar 5100
stihl 041 (maybe)

Time to go to bed now that its 4:15am friday morning.:hmm3grin2orange:

I just got home from work and haven't made it to the shower yet. I'm drinking the last bud light I've got.:mad:

I'm looking forward to the 288, never ran one....

Bryan im bringing a catalog so you all can look thru the catalog to see if there is anything you may be interested in also for the homelite users im bringing some homelite parts with and the poulan users same thing and mcculloch users same thing there as well

i rather leave today that way i can see on the road besides im going to go hunting for a decent building to put a shop in

SP need to use your shop if possible in the morning either that i can use my van back end to overhaul a Tecumseh engine down here the mosquitoes are going to be in full force now that they have standing water to multiply

also do you have a ring compressor tool for small engines ?

I just got home from work and haven't made it to the shower yet. I'm drinking the last bud light I've got.:mad:

Bud light for breakfast? :dizzy: haha. Burning that midnight oil, then coming to a GTG for a day seems like it would be pretty overwhelming

No need for a small ring compresser Calvin, so no we dont have one.

And Pops, 2 gallons? :laugh: Thats just a sniff. haha.

Does anyone want me to bring my Husqvarna 365 w/ 24" bar?

Ain't nothing special, but if anyone wants to give it a try, I can bring it.

Bud light for breakfast? :dizzy: haha. Burning that midnight oil, then coming to a GTG for a day seems like it would be pretty overwhelming

No need for a small ring compresser Calvin, so no we dont have one.

And Pops, 2 gallons? :laugh: Thats just a sniff. haha.

opps me i ordered the wrong piston assembly now i got to track down the standard piston assembly i ordered the 34862A .020 oversize and need the 35776B standard piston assembly

so im waiting on a phone call from a guy in goldsboro to see if he has one
i was hoping to fix this engine up there and just put it on on monday but looks like i may have to special order that piston if he dont have one

You know I was thinking. Were gonna have ALOT of running chainsaws on sunday. What about getting all the chainsaws running at one time and take a video of all of them idling. Maybe it would be a AS record. Plus that would be pretty darn cool.

Slickeast. You are more then welcome to bring what ever saws you want. We are crazy about chainsaws, arn't we? :clap:

Bryan im bringing a catalog so you all can look thru the catalog to see if there is anything you may be interested in also for the homelite users im bringing some homelite parts with and the poulan users same thing and mcculloch users same thing there as well

i rather leave today that way i can see on the road besides im going to go hunting for a decent building to put a shop in

SP need to use your shop if possible in the morning either that i can use my van back end to overhaul a Tecumseh engine down here the mosquitoes are going to be in full force now that they have standing water to multiply

also do you have a ring compressor tool for small engines ?

I have a mcculloch 1-42 that needs a carb kit and a plug. Got a carb kit and plug for it? I'll bring it, and maybe we can get it running.

I have a mcculloch 1-42 that needs a carb kit and a plug. Got a carb kit and plug for it? I'll bring it, and maybe we can get it running.

I will bring my box of mac parts and we can look thru that

i wish i can camp out somewhere close by up there so i can save on hotel cost

if anyone can put me up tonight call me 877-280-1624 thanks
calvin im on the road so see you all tommorrow
i would use a hotel but my funds are limited thats why i wish i can sell what i can tommorrow to help me out

even catalog orders will help

I will bring my box of mac parts and we can look thru that

i wish i can camp out somewhere close by up there so i can save on hotel cost

if anyone can put me up tonight call me 877-280-1624 thanks
calvin im on the road so see you all tommorrow
i would use a hotel but my funds are limited thats why i wish i can sell what i can tommorrow to help me out

even catalog orders will help

I wish I could help ya. If you have a truck or a large vehicle, you could sleep in your vehicle in a walmart parking lot. Did you not find a camp ground around salisbury?

There is a camp ground right near SP's. Its called dan nicloles camp ground. There is also daniel boone state park over near china grove. I think it has free camping.

Back