Neat project saw 8.2 ci - 134.4 cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on youtube;
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHwGi9_nmh0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHwGi9_nmh0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sounds mean!

That saw is one of the Whitehead 120's I have in my collection.

Bill

Bill, yours looks really good, I noticed yours is also missing the front panel, I guess people remove them to get to the carb & don't bother putting them back on.

That is certainly a good score. I had not heard of Whitehead prior to this thread.

idMedium.jpg

The United States Post Office began using Zip Codes in 1963, so this saw would have to date from the early '60s (or they continued to use the old tags they had on hand). I have a West Bend engine on my Lancaster, but it is only 105 cc's. Just gives me something else to look for...

Just noticed the street address on the tag after posting. Anyone else remember a product called Zonolite?

Last edited:
West Bend

West Bend made Kart engines from the 820 series. They had a 125cc and a 100cc , except in those days it was cu. in.

I'm waiting to hear back from "Sven Johnson" regarding starter parts, the only good part in this starter is the recoil spring.
The cup/pawls & friction washers is what I'm after.

Thanks Jacob that's good to know, is the starter cup nut RH thread?, most of them are but I got caught out with a Pioneer that was LH.

Bill, yours looks really good, I noticed yours is also missing the front panel, I guess people remove them to get to the carb & don't bother putting them back on.

Yes that saw is missing the front panel. I have another that is complete. I am not been able to secure a 119 model yet. I sure I can some day. The saws with the 820 and 610 engines are a special saw to me and I try to find them when I can.

Bill

Yes that saw is missing the front panel. I have another that is complete. I am not been able to secure a 119 model yet. I sure I can some day. The saws with the 820 and 610 engines are a special saw to me and I try to find them when I can.

Bill

These saws are interesting - I have the model 119 'Worker' saw, but it is missing its starter (although easy to replace), and its clutch cover and bar adjuster.

They seem to be few and far between in any guise. I have seen a couple of the 120 'Logger' models, but am yet to see another 119 model like mine. I am sure they are out there!

Here are some pics of the 119 saw I own.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gmax, I have a stash of oddball sprockets, & know of another AS member who does as well. If you come up with some sprocket model #s post them or PM me, I'll check my list. Before anybody gets upset, I'm offering the sprocket for free, because that old chainsaw is rare & totally cool.

Gmax, I have a stash of oddball sprockets, & know of another AS member who does as well. If you come up with some sprocket model #s post them or PM me, I'll check my list. Before anybody gets upset, I'm offering the sprocket for free, because that old chainsaw is rare & totally cool.

Thanks for the offer, I'll see what I can find :good:

Latest posts

Back