Need 056 super repair in Ga.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Hur

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone near Douglasville Ga. that I can pay to repair my 056 super? Ace hardware had it for 3 months but could not fix it. They replaced Carb, coil, spark plug I believe. They said needs a flywheel or something but could not find part. So far payed little over $300 and still doesn’t run. It has a spark.

Anyone near Douglasville Ga. that I can pay to repair my 056 super? Ace hardware had it for 3 months but could not fix it. They replaced Carb, coil, spark plug I believe. They said needs a flywheel or something but could not find part. So far payed little over $300 and still doesn’t run. It has a spark.
I would be very upset if they charged me 300 bucks and still didn't fix my saw. It sounds like they are totally incompetent.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Im not happy about it, I won’t ever go back to that ace. They specialize in stihl products and repair but are clueless when it comes to the older machines. I finally went up there and told them I need my saw back so I can actually fix it. Guy said we couldn’t find the part needed, then told me to look on eBay for the part,
I told him that’s what I was paying y’all to do. Walked out.

If in I were you I would make me up a sign tonight. They charged me $300 to fix my saw.
It isn't FIXED yet!!
And WON'T STAND BEHIND THERE WORK!!
Just go out in there parking lot and wave this sign around. The manager should be out with $300 in a jiffy. He will then tell you to never come back to his store. BUT, You will have that hard earned money back in your pocket. Pic's required buddy. Try to catch it on video please. GOOD LUCK!!

If in I were you I would make me up a sign tonight. They charged me $300 to fix my saw.
It isn't FIXED yet!!
And WON'T STAND BEHIND THERE WORK!!
Just go out in there parking lot and wave this sign around. The manager should be out with $300 in a jiffy. He will then tell you to never come back to his store. BUT, You will have that hard earned money back in your pocket. Pic's required buddy. Try to catch it on video please. GOOD LUCK!!
Pics? Okay, whatever gets me closer to fixing this saw... Here’s your pics buddy.

8D1CF1FF-4249-4F26-B03D-C86FB3A63E29.jpegAD3FF707-967E-4663-B241-9033A5AFCA8A.jpegB0B4B768-595F-42D5-8193-49D8178DA17A.jpeg

No dude, Not pics of your receipts. Just the store managers face when you show back up. And
when he will threatens you with trespassing. Just go across the road and do your thing. Believe me I was in the same situation at a Chevy dealer. I showed up the next day doing just this.

Hey mate, I’m getting an 056 today from a chap who’s 056 needs new coil like yours. Stihl can’t get the new flywheel to go with new coil. Hence why I got the call - the customer doesn’t want the massive bill from stihl. Turns out the 056 coil can be fixed, someone figured how to do it. Drop me a pm and I’ll send you to the link.

I see, it’s in the past now. If it was cheap and easy I’d have it fixed already. The saw is 30 years old, parts are getting harder to get everyday. But ace could have handled the situation a lot better.

I see, it’s in the past now. If it was cheap and easy I’d have it fixed already. The saw is 30 years old, parts are getting harder to get everyday. But ace could have handled the situation a lot better.
They won’t take coils apart, they will only warrantee genuine OEM parts. It was an electrician who took the time to figure out why the coils would fail on this specific model, it’s the capacitor in them they weren’t reliable and can be replaced cheaply. Either way it’s your call. I’m just giving you the solution to your problem.

EDIT: Don’t give up on your 056, it’s in mint condition and worth the time in fixing.

Just fixed mine. No need to replace the capacitor, but the negative wire was totally unsheathed and was grounding.
Paid $35 USD popped on a heat shrink tubing, soldered the wire to a kill wire, put it all back together and runs :)View attachment 854305
Can you explain in more detail please on the wires, which is the negative wire, soldered the negative to the kill wire? I still have the old coil maybe I can do the same, thanks.

Can you explain in more detail please on the wires, which is the negative wire, soldered the negative to the kill wire? I still have the old coil maybe I can do the same, thanks.

no no ignore what I did, it’s totally seperate to an issue with the ignition module. I just joined two wires together and connected them to the kill switch.

If you are having intermittent, weak or no spark on your 056, it’s quite likely that the capacitor has failed. Here is the fix for it:

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...-056-bosch-electronic-ignition.256095/page-31

I’d highly recommend checking your saw over first though, you may have a different issue causing a lack of spark or ignition; faulty plug, negative grounding somewhere, sheared flywheel key, damaged HT lead grounding etc.

no no ignore what I did, it’s totally seperate to an issue with the ignition module. I just joined two wires together and connected them to the kill switch.

If you are having intermittent, weak or no spark on your 056, it’s quite likely that the capacitor has failed. Here is the fix for it:

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...-056-bosch-electronic-ignition.256095/page-31

I’d highly recommend checking your saw over first though, you may have a different issue causing a lack of spark or ignition; faulty plug, negative grounding somewhere, sheared flywheel key, damaged HT lead grounding etc.

It had the Bosch ignition before I took it to ace, now I’m not sure which one they put on probably the sem. Because the original flywheel won’t fit the sem, I think that’s why ace was looking for another flywheel to fit.

should I do the fix on Bosch ortry to find flywheel for sem?

Latest posts

Back