Need 056 super repair in Ga.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can return that new SEM GA ignition, I’d suggest to purchase a Saegenspezi replacement from Germany for your failed Bosch CDI.

Their website & item number is;
https://www.saegenspezi.de/ & 13705AR1951. Their price of 65 euros is about $77 today. They do read/write in english on emails, & sold parts on fleabay before the covid-19 hit.

Uses your existing Bosch flywheel. Not very hard to install, just need two new (longer) mounting screws & a 4mm/0.156” metric female bullet terminal for your kill wire end. Sometimes you may have to belt sand their stator plate’s outside diameter down to get it to fit...but timing & spark is spot on.

I’ve got a spare -1208 SEM GA flywheel, but it’s going to be more expensive than the Saegenspezi CDI & international shipping. Plus, you'd need to buy the later starter pawls for the SEM GA flywheel.

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. Let me dig in and see what I can come out with.

It had the Bosch ignition before I took it to ace, now I’m not sure which one they put on probably the sem. Because the original flywheel won’t fit the sem, I think that’s why ace was looking for another flywheel to fit.

should I do the fix on Bosch ortry to find flywheel for sem?
Fix the Bosch :)

If you can return that new SEM GA ignition, I’d suggest to purchase a Saegenspezi replacement from Germany for your failed Bosch CDI.

Their website & item number is;
https://www.saegenspezi.de/ & 13705AR1951. Their price of 65 euros is about $77 today. They do read/write in english on emails, & sold parts on fleabay before the covid-19 hit.

Uses your existing Bosch flywheel. Not very hard to install, just need two new (longer) mounting screws & a 5mm metric female bullet terminal for your kill wire end. Sometimes you may have to belt sand their stator plate’s outside diameter down to get it to fit...but timing & spark is spot on.

I’ve got a spare -1208 SEM GA flywheel, but it’s going to be more expensive than the Saegenspezi CDI & international shipping. Plus, you'd need to buy the later starter pawls for the SEM GA flywheel.
I tried the fix with no success. I did buy the European ass. that hotshot is talking about. It was a good fix for the Bosch system. It was about $120 american shipped. Well worth it in my opinion. It been in there for about 6 months.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I tried the fix with no success. I did buy the European ass. that hotshot is talking about. It was a good fix for the Bosch system. It was about $120 american shipped. Well worth it in my opinion. It been in there for about 6 months.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Same here, only 1 out of 4 old Bosch CDIs came to life after the cap change, plus it’s a bear to route two additional wires through that midget sized grommet that Stihl had selected for just a spark plug wire & kill wire.

Saegenspezi dropped their prices too, but the US dollar has also weakened against the euro.

Note that shiny sanded off place where the transistor mounts in the attached photo, as that module was originally a dud. They sent me another one (pre-tested by request) to replace it & it worked fine.

Later I took that transistor off the dud & figured out they used way too much green thread sealant & it isolated the transistor from grounding.

Cleaned everything up, retapped the hole deeper, used a longer 4mm screw that wasn’t a short self tapper, & it works...now a spare coil! lol

9EEDB3D7-DB7E-4E25-9A64-284261D8063D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back