Need a little help with my Remington SL10A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravely_todd

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My Remington SL10A is in desperate need of a new bar and some new chain....it has 1/4" pitch .050 and as best I can tell, a 15" hardnose bar. I would like to get a sprocket nose bar if I can and a couple loops of new chain. I don't use it a whole lot, but every now and again I like to fire it up and cut some wood.. :smile2: I was thinking of getting either a 14" or 16" bar for it, but am having a problem locating one. I really dont' want to have to locate a new sprocket to run different pitch if I can help it. If I can find a new bar, how do I calculate how many links I need in the chain at the time of purchase ?

Thanks

Todd

My Remington SL10A is in desperate need of a new bar and some new chain....it has 1/4" pitch .050 and as best I can tell, a 15" hardnose bar. I would like to get a sprocket nose bar if I can and a couple loops of new chain. I don't use it a whole lot, but every now and again I like to fire it up and cut some wood.. :smile2: I was thinking of getting either a 14" or 16" bar for it, but am having a problem locating one. I really dont' want to have to locate a new sprocket to run different pitch if I can help it. If I can find a new bar, how do I calculate how many links I need in the chain at the time of purchase ?

Thanks

Todd

Are you sure it's 1/4 pitch chain? I'm pretty sure they came with 3/8. A 50 cc saw with 1/4 '' doesn't seem right to me.

Every search I do does bring me to 3/8 as well, but here is a shot of the measurement and as I understand it, you measure across 3 rivets and divide by 2.....

IMG-20110902-00019.jpg

Todd

Looks like 1/4 all right. I would buy a new sprocket and put some real chain on it.:rock:

Remington Bars

Thanks

Todd

Todd
I have several Oregon Power Mate Bars #A-23123. They are 15" overall, with a 1/4"sprocket nose. I have them marked for Remington Mighty Mite. I am not familiar with SL-10, so don't know if they will interchange. The slot is 2" long. There is an elongated oil hole about 3/4" from the rear of the bar. The width of the bar slot is 1/4". I have 25AP Oregon chain regular and also a reel of skip-tooth.
chainsawlady

Latest posts

Back