Need a Stihl expert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

379 pete

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, Is there anyone out there that can tell me if the jug and piston from a 066 magnum Stilh will bolt on to an old 064 Stihl with out any major problems. Thanks for any help/379Pete

no, the bolt patterns on the cylinders are differant....You could probably have it machined, but it will not bolt on without modifications

It always seems like a new guy's getting rejected when somebody says this, but do a search. You'll find plenty of information about this subject. Seems like every week somebody is talking about it. Heck, there's even talk of it in the "stroked 046" thread.

tek9tim said:
It always seems like a new guy's getting rejected when somebody says this, but do a search. You'll find plenty of information about this subject. Seems like every week somebody is talking about it. Heck, there's even talk of it in the "stroked 046" thread.

HUH? WHAT? HOW DOES THAT WORK??? Sorry, seen five threads on the same subjects that have been covered at least tiwce in that last week!! I know the search engine is not acting up, been using it a lot lately!
Andy

attachment.php

If you have the early 064, you'll also have problem with the muffler fitting. The 066 has 6mm Cylinder bolts for good reason (the 064 has 5mm) so re-taping the holes deeper and larger is desirable. If you have the early crankshaft, I wouldn't... but if you don't really care then go for it..

Back