need advise on setting up 4 or 5 to 1 pulley for felling trees & possible port-a-wra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be honest Jeff ~ when is the last time you climbed a tree?

So are you 'Deeming ' it unsafe because you are?
A) Scared
B) Not enough knowledge
C) Don't want the client to find out you are a scam artist
D) All of the above

Jeff

A) Some trees I look at are very scary, the more unease I feel the more I charge.
B) It's the things I don't know (from the ground) about a scary tree that give me the most fear.
C) My clients do think I am an artist: Imperial tree service contractor called an artist
D) Only A & B apply.

Yawn.

You and your ignorant customers can say whatever they want.. the truth is still the truth and the general consensus of you around here reflects that. Just saying.

Sent from my Droid while smoking a cig, drinking a coffee and hating..

Last edited:
Truth is ...

Yawn.

You and your ignorant customers can say whatever they want.. the truth is still the truth and the general consensus of you around here reflects that. Just saying.

Sent from my Droid while smoking a cig, drinking a coffee and hating..

What the collective cretins here think is not a concern to me. That I have operated a tree service for five years without significant injuries or damage especially when my stated secialty is: "difficult and dangerous" trees speaks for itself.

100% of my customers have been highly satisfied with my work and many have posted very favorable reviews of my work and methods.

Posted with my iPad while smoking a hand rolled cigar, drinking a strong coffee with a generous shot of Bailly's Irish Creame, and loving all of this. Life is good, don't waste any of your short time here making it bad by hating.

Rain Day in Pittsburgh ...

So you go to work drunk, that explains everything.

While I'm sure excessive alcohol consumption does explain some of the bizarre and hateful posts I read here, I'm actually just kicking back today and my morning coffee got the benefit of a bottle of Irish cream left over from the Xmas cheer provided for the holiday.

While I'm sure excessive alcohol consumption does explain some of the bizarre and hateful posts I read here, I'm actually just kicking back today and my morning coffee got the benefit of a bottle of Irish cream left over from the Xmas cheer provided for the holiday.

Face it Doug you just can't cut the mustard ......:hmm3grin2orange:

A) Some trees I look at are very scary, the more unease I feel the more I charge.
B) It's the things I don't know (from the ground) about a scary tree that give me the most fear.
C) My clients do think I am an artist: Imperial tree service contractor called an artist
D) Only A & B apply.

tree service contractor called an other tree service
Date Published: June 24 2010

Arborist Tree Service | FROM PLUTOS OUTTER RINGS.

Jessica Smoothone the hates the view from above since having her her trees trimmed.

"Anal Arborist is a complete wanker !" Smothone says. "Drug [Metcalfe, the owner] and his gangsta nephew got right to work and I was amazed at how fast they spiked the hell outta my oak tree.

"I recommend everyone stay the hell away , because he adult needs supervision ,and because he is not so good at his job. It's just awful to watch. He climbs with a hatchet and makes it look so dangerous , he stunk like MAD DOG 20/20. He is really a tree butcher."

TIPS
Pool Safety Tips, Pool & Spa Service
Fencing, Privacy Fence, Chain link fences | Angie's List Tips
Tips to deal with winter weather worries
Emergency Plumbing Repair Tips
Water Heater, Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips

VIDEOS
Repairing and maintaining asphalt driveways
Tips to hire the best tree service for pruning

RELATED ARTICLES
Electrician does work beyond his job description
Tidy tree removal praised in La Canada
Landscaper achieves tree trimming perfection
Charlotte tree service removes dead oak tree safely

Last edited:
Face it Doug you just can't cut the mustard ......:hmm3grin2orange:

What exactly are you deeming? You can't say, can you? You are certified, moron. CM (CERTIFIED MORON)

Now show us whatchya got, turd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

What exactly are you deeming? You can't say, can you? You are certified, moron. CM (CERTIFIED MORON)

Now show us whatchya got, turd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Listen Liquita or whatever your name is , I don't have to show you #### because you are like the dog #### that is stuck in th treads of my boot , wait scratch that because that #### has actually been up a tree before , you are like the ### that drips off your ###### ### when we hang out , in the smush room .....

I understand him

Is that add real? Probably is. Why is it, that some guys don't get it. This AA guy is the biggest idiot I have ever come across. I live in the boonies, so that's saying a lot. I am not sure he understands what you guys do and how you carry yourselves. A lot of time, when dealing with "pros", ya can just tell right away, whether or not they really know what they are doing. He has enough skill to be lucky and enough luck to look skilled. It will catch up, in one way or another. It may be a bad accident or a legal issue, who knows with him, but it will happen. There is nothing wrong with trying new and different techniques, equipment and styles. Bean is changing what I do every time I see him. But there is a way to run them across pros in the field, and that's what he does wrong. He might come up with something that suits him just fine, and that's cool, but then he goes and makes himself look like a total moron by trying to convince all of you that his way is better, when everyone knows that it is not, it may not be a bad way, but def not the best. His skill after watching all his videos is mediocre at best, I would put him at the skill level of a first year power company trimmer. Then to top it off, he has to add outside facts of his very questionable history, as if no one else on earth has done any of the things he claims. Men don't act like that, kids and small minded adults do. Men don't post to show off, they post to share. Men can take constructive criticism, use it and move on, hoping for more. Ignorant people consider it a insult. Not one time have I read where anyone on here said anything other than what you need to do. You just cant read between the lines AA. Sure they talk sh it, that's what they do, if ya paid attention, instead of thinking of the next ridiculous thing to say, you would realize that they all talk sh it, and they all take away knowledge whether they admit it or not. I have, just two other guys arguing over a machine gave me enough info to make a decision on what one I want. They where going at it good, next thread they where agreeing and arguing with someone else! Teaching and learning again. The difference between you and them, simple. They are tree guys,rough and cocky, with good reason, your just a fool , jack of al trades, wont be long, you will be out of the tree business and into something else, you'll add the tree industry to your very long resume of things that you failed at. Beans told me about you, told me about your videos, I didn't believe him, no full grown man acts like that. Its a damn good thing all your paid Angiesl list customer don't read this forum huh!
Outsider looking in.

Now, just so you all know, it took me a long a s s time to type this! I may be redneck, but I no dummy. I swear I heard applause in the back ground.
Bobby Lee out

Last edited:
You don't know jack Bobbie Lee ...

... it took me a long a s s time to type this! I may be redneck, but I no dummy. I swear ...
Bobby Lee out

Swear all you like Bobbie Lee, but you'll never know me. The "Pros" here are like 6 gallons of s h i t in a 5 gallon bucket. That's the way they carry themselves. I've made you all my playthings, just for the sport of it. The only thing that keeps me going here is swatting you cretins with logic and truth.

If I wanted to show off my stuff I'd have put these on my desk:

2474038051_fbb3245985_z.jpg

1500 year old Mezzo American funerial effigies that remind me of you all. Crocks made of clay.

Swear all you like Bobbie Lee, but you'll never know me. The "Pros" here are like 6 gallons of s h i t in a 5 gallon bucket. That's the way they carry themselves. I've made you all my playthings, just for the sport of it. The only thing that keeps me going here is swatting you cretins with logic and truth. Woo

1500 year old Mezzo American funerial effigies that remind me of you all. Crocks made of clay.[/Q UOTE] wow the one on the right looks just like ya ##### t I t s. And all

Is that add real? Probably is. Why is it, that some guys don't get it. This AA guy is the biggest idiot I have ever come across. I live in the boonies, so that's saying a lot. I am not sure he understands what you guys do and how you carry yourselves. A lot of time, when dealing with "pros", ya can just tell right away, whether or not they really know what they are doing. He has enough skill to be lucky and enough luck to look skilled. It will catch up, in one way or another. It may be a bad accident or a legal issue, who knows with him, but it will happen. There is nothing wrong with trying new and different techniques, equipment and styles. Bean is changing what I do every time I see him. But there is a way to run them across pros in the field, and that's what he does wrong. He might come up with something that suits him just fine, and that's cool, but then he goes and makes himself look like a total moron by trying to convince all of you that his way is better, when everyone knows that it is not, it may not be a bad way, but def not the best. His skill after watching all his videos is mediocre at best, I would put him at the skill level of a first year power company trimmer. Then to top it off, he has to add outside facts of his very questionable history, as if no one else on earth has done any of the things he claims. Men don't act like that, kids and small minded adults do. Men don't post to show off, they post to share. Men can take constructive criticism, use it and move on, hoping for more. Ignorant people consider it a insult. Not one time have I read where anyone on here said anything other than what you need to do. You just cant read between the lines AA. Sure they talk sh it, that's what they do, if ya paid attention, instead of thinking of the next ridiculous thing to say, you would realize that they all talk sh it, and they all take away knowledge whether they admit it or not. I have, just two other guys arguing over a machine gave me enough info to make a decision on what one I want. They where going at it good, next thread they where agreeing and arguing with someone else! Teaching and learning again. The difference between you and them, simple. They are tree guys,rough and cocky, with good reason, your just a fool , jack of al trades, wont be long, you will be out of the tree business and into something else, you'll add the tree industry to your very long resume of things that you failed at. Beans told me about you, told me about your videos, I didn't believe him, no full grown man acts like that. Its a damn good thing all your paid Angiesl list customer don't read this forum huh!
Outsider looking in.

Now, just so you all know, it took me a long a s s time to type this! I may be redneck, but I no dummy. I swear I heard applause in the back ground.
Bobby Lee out

That post is so good and to the point I am speechless

this is for you

[video=youtube;IxAKFlpdcfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc[/video]

Swear all you like Bobbie Lee, but you'll never know me. The "Pros" here are like 6 gallons of s h i t in a 5 gallon bucket. That's the way they carry themselves. I've made you all my playthings, just for the sport of it. The only thing that keeps me going here is swatting you cretins with logic and truth.

1500 year old Mezzo American funerial effigies that remind me of you all. Crocks made of clay.

Guy seriously you have lost every argument you have had on here, the only one that doesnt realize it is you. So if losing in life is what you call sport and you like your playthings kicking your ass then your in the right spot (if you ask me its a little gay to refer to other men as playthings). You fancy yourself as some type of intellect, but I have bad news in this forum you are out classed. Be thankful for FTA because if it wasnt for him you would be the most ignorant person in here... Good news though its a close race.

oh yeah put them on your desk and take a picture... because sure looks like an internet picture from a museum.

Last edited:
The setup the guy built in the video is only a 4:1 system. If it was a 5:1 the rope he would be pulling on would be coming from the tree. First off, I wont want to have my pulley setup made out of the rope I am pulling with. If you need to readjust or lower, your screwed. I bought a fiddle block setup from baileys. The pulleys are alum, light weight, and has its own progress capture device. On big trees, I always use a 3 ton comalong with amsteel blue rope.

All of the arguing about this 4:1 or 5:1 can be simplified. Count the legs of rope pulling on the load. If there are five legs, then it is 5:1. It is really quite simple! Assuming that each leg of the pulley system is equally loaded, then all 5 ropes are pulling with the same force that is applied to just one.

Of course, all of this depends on relatively little friction loss rolling over the pulleys. We speak of 5:1, but it is considerably less once friction is accounted for.

If the tail of the rope being pulled on is going through the stationary anchor point, then it is putting 5:1 mechanical advantage on the anchor point, but it is only delivering 4:1 on the moving load. Why? There are only 4 sections of rope attached to the moving load. The last one is just pulling against the anchor point.

Back