Need Chainsaw Parts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbalderm

Reaction score
I have a Sachs-Dolmar chainsaw. It is old, but works great. It is a 116S1. My problem... the chain broke yesterday and broke the drive gear (under the brake). I got the brake off, but can't seem to find a place that sells parts for this model. Any suggestions? Also... what is the proper term for the gear?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to ArboristSite. The term for the part is drive sprocket. There are two types of drive sprockets. The first is a called a spur sprocket. It is one piece construction and has external gear teeth welded to the clutch drum. The second type of drive sprocket is of two piece construction and is called a rim and drum sprocket. The clutch drum has a replaceable rim which is the part that actually engages the chain. Hope this helps you.

I checked on Oregon's site for your saw. According to them it takes the two piece rim and drum sprocket. The oregon part # for the two piece set is #27189X, the replacement rim itself is part#68210. The rim is a 7 pin, meaning it has seven slots around its circumference.

Here is a link to Oregon's web site.
http://www.oregonchain.com/index.htm

Last edited:
Sounds like you need a rim sprocket for the Sachs Dolmar 116SI. Dolmar part #119224070 we use oregon #68210 3/8-7 std. 7 spline rim sprocket. Any saw shop should have these they are common to most saws. If the clutch drum is damaged I have those as well part #119223101

Scott

Last edited:
Back