Need help around Washingtom/Detroit/Ann Arbor Michigan.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I want to start out by saying I fully undersatnd I am posting this in the wrong section and if the mods feel they need to move or delete it I do understand but I hope not. I am posting it here for two reasons. The primary being getting more views in hope of getting help and the second being the fact that is does involve saw items.

Here is what I am looking for help with. I bought a small welder from a GM engineer who lives in Washington Michigan which appearsto be about 45 minutes north of Detroit. For wahtever reason he says he does not have the ability to strap it to a small pallet and take it to Fastenal for shipping or to strap it to a pallet for FedEx. It seems odd that if you are an engineer for GM that you do not have the ability to do a simple mechanical task but it is what it is. The welder and stand weights around 175Lbs. and is probably about 16'x20"x30 inches.

I also have some saw items bought from a fine gentleman AS member over on the other side of Michigan. They are about 175Lbs and a physical size of 16x24x16. He is more than willing to assist with shipping of his items but he cannot help with the welder which is FULLY understandable. It may be possible for a meet up in AnnArbor.

The items need to get to me at 61259/52761 which is 3hrs southwest of the sorry city of Chicago Illinois 20 minutes south of I80. I would love to pay someone to bring both items to me but I know that is a long shot. The biggest thing is just simply getting someone to grab the welder over north of Detroit and try to help me in getting it down here via Fastenal/FedEx/UPS. As I said I am not sure how you can be an engineer with zero mechanical aptitude and ability.

I would appreciate ant help any fine folks can supply.

Bill

Kind of a long shot,but have you considered a moving company from that area loading it up and bringing to you.Sounds expensive,but worth a call.

Kind of a long shot,but have you considered a moving company from that area loading it up and bringing to you.Sounds expensive,but worth a call.
Trust me nothing is a long shot....my whole life has been a long shot. Your suggestion is very valid!

I have a friend that uses UShip quite a bit. They might be worth checking out. He will have a boat dropped off here that he's bought and they take one away that he's just sold. The truckers I've seen are driving large diesel pick-up trucks and pulling various trailers. They seem to be all independent truckers and are quite organized by UShip.

https://www.uship.com/shipper/?r=23...ag=uship&kw=uship_e___deviceis_c_networkis_g_

I have a friend that uses UShip quite a bit. They might be worth checking out. He will have a boat dropped off here that he's bought and they take one away that he's just sold. The truckers I've seen are driving large diesel pick-up trucks and pulling various trailers. They seem to be all independent truckers and are quite organized by UShip.

https://www.uship.com/shipper/?r=23...ag=uship&kw=uship_e___deviceis_c_networkis_g_
Del,

What you said is spot on. I listed the job on Uship a few days back but I would prefer to pay a man/woman a full wage for his /her labor. Do not get me wrong I do use Uship and I been on about every end of the spectrum possible on shipments. I would just like a man/woman to earn a full wage for their efforts and labor. Your suggestion is a valid and is appreciated

So...you need said welder taken to Ann Arbor? Do I read that correct?

Where does this engineer work for GM? Tech Center? MPG? Flint?

I'm in the area but can't accommodate a trip to Chi town or the hassle if palletizing and shipping. Would love to, but life (work). But a trunk exchange and drive to AA may be doable...

So...you need said welder taken to Ann Arbor? Do I read that correct?

Where does this engineer work for GM? Tech Center? MPG? Flint?

I'm in the area but can't accommodate a trip to Chi town or the hassle if palletizing and shipping. Would love to, but life (work). But a trunk exchange and drive to AA may be doable...
Thank you for your offer to help. I was contacted by a great member here and think we have things rolling now if it works out.

Back