Need Help: Dolmar 111 Makita DCS 520i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fritzhund

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi again all,

A few weeks ago, with the help of some of the members here, I was able to get a replacement ignition coil for my Makita DCS520i and it was running great. Now I have yet another problem with this saw. It won't start, or even attempt to. I replaced the spark plug but that didn't help. What I do notice is that there is gas in the intake tube after it sits for about 5 minutes after trying to start it. The gas just drips in. Any ideas and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a kit available? Is there any certain procedures I need to follow? I have never had much luck working on 2 stroke engines. and can use any available advise.

Thanks again, Mark

yeah the kit is more than likely available. you'll need to pull the carb off and see what brand it is. there are alot of carb rebuiling threads here to help you along:msp_thumbup:
worst comes to worst, find a good shop to clean and rebuild it for you if you don't want to do it your self.

it's pretty easy to do one though, so you might want to diy just for the experience.:rock:

Back