Need help IDing an older Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to my buddy's place to show off my latest finds and after showing me his new 090 he pulls out an older looking Husky. The serial number starts with 0650, in bold, and then the rest of the serial number. It looks a little like a A65 but with more plastic bits, like the whole top cover. He owes me a favor and will part with the saw very cheaply as he won't use it in his tree service business. No real point in having it though if it's not a decent saw. It's got a 20" bar and I'm wondering if it has the power to make use of it. Mike's site does not show a model 650.
Thanks, John........

It could be a 163.

The model is not shown in HVA's serial numbers, if it is not printed as on the 65 there is no at all. Model 70, 90, and 65 has model printed on the plate
The 77 had no type number, not mine anyway. It has only this:

Husqvarna Vapen fabrik
XXXXXX

xxxxxxx meaning the serial number.

One of the 77 has only number as has 180s, 163.

It is a Model 65, 65cc, usually with a 3/8", 7-tooth sprocket. They first appeared around 1972 in the US. You can find an IPL (Illustrated Parts List) at the Husqvarna web site in the support section. Parts are VERY difficult to find. If you wish to sell it or part it out, I am interested as I own one.

Robbynne
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back