Need Help New Insert and can't keep flame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did give up. I took it back yesterday. Too many different things to keep going at the same time and the wife was kind of pissed about the smoke in the house. I will build another tube heater and use it. I will post some pics of it when complete.

Thanks for the help

She wont be too pissed when the house hits 90 and there is no smoke.Jeez a lil smoke never killed anyone............need that liner and youll never ,ever go back.You never mentioned the liner/firebrick in your original chiminey size. too big and youll never geterdun :greenchainsaw:

If it was installed with a full length liner (insulated liner would be better) and a block off plate AT LEAST in the bottom of the chimney (bottom and top is the best), then that thing would be roasting you out.

The issue you had was installation error. Not installed per manufacturer's instructions, and probably not up to code either.

These newer stoves and inserts are a completely different breed from the older non efficient smoke dragons and need to be installed properly to run correctly and get the effeciency out of them.

I'm sorry you did not give it more of a chance to get it installed properly. It would have saved you lots of work and wood in the future. KD

Latest posts

Back