Need help with MS 170

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set the high and low needles at 1 turn out. If you can not rev the saw up then there is still an issue. Letting the saw sit And idle for 10 minutes will not fix it and will do nothing for you.

Set the high and low needles at 1 turn out. If you can not rev the saw up then there is still an issue. Letting the saw sit And idle for 10 minutes will not fix it and will do nothing for you.

Ok thanks . . .

Dang,

i know one ms170 that i could get for some 40 euros ( 50-60 bucks ? ) and it been used only for a month at one older guys summer cabin for small birch firewood cutting after he saw the light and got a "true chainsaw".

I have looked it as a POS saw, but what you know.....all these carb swaps and muff mods.....maybe it would be nice toy to play with. I just hate the damn things with their only adjusting screw but now i am wiser.

Thanks a bunch.

Hows the saw running

Man do you know your stuff . . . saw runs great! I had it at a 1/4 turn Low and 3/4 High originally and I never got it running until i was a bunch of turns out so I never thought to go back to that. Thanks for everything. And yes it might be just a POS little saw but it is a perfect saw for trimming stuff for firewood bucking and I am definitely glad I put the WT250 carb on it. The muffler mod adds a nice little zip to it as usual.

Good to hear that it is running again, the carb settings are good starting points but you need to fine tune them and make sure that you are not running to lean. Do a search on carb tuning and there are some great threads with video's.

Good to hear that it is running again, the carb settings are good starting points but you need to fine tune them and make sure that you are not running to lean. Do a search on carb tuning and there are some great threads with video's.

Thanks . . . will do!

Back