Need Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbercutter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Once again,044 stihl going to rebuild serial #131099046 Anybody know if the big bore kit will fit this saw? Thanks in advance

Funny

Mine is #132244974 dude. I guess we're both good. After mine gets broken in I think I'll do it to mine also...:rock:

Year

Lakeside53 said:
Yes it does, as do all after 129382283. Wouldn't you just hate to own that last serial number though:)
Hey Lake. Is there anyway to tell what year your saw was built by the serial number??? Like by mine??? I was told it was bought in 01. Wasn't sure how true that was. Here's a pic dude.

Tis' true

GASoline71 said:
Why wait for it to get "broke in"??? ...all you're changin' is the jug and piston.

Gary

I dunno. I'm just hesitant about touching it right now as it's my biggest saw. After I get my 056 Mag, then I'll prolly do it. Right now, it's still new to me, my newest saw I've ever had and all that. Plus, if I screw it up, I wanna make sure I have something big around for that larger stuff I've gotta cut. And I'm really having alot of fun with it right now, lol...

Yea man

GASoline71 said:
Fair 'nuff. Let us know how it goes when you do get the bigger jug on 'er!:chainsaw:

Gary

That's why I'm siked to hear from Timberdude. I'd like to hear his experience with his. I asked the dealer about it today and he said you really don't have to change anything on the saw. I was worried about the carb and what not, but he said with that kit it'd be just fine, just slap it on and I'd be all set. I think I'm going to order it in the next month and have it here. I'm buying the 056 mag next week. Leaps and bounds dude. You know how it is.

ciscoguy01 said:
That's why I'm siked to hear from Timberdude. I'd like to hear his experience with his. I asked the dealer about it today and he said you really don't have to change anything on the saw. I was worried about the carb and what not, but he said with that kit it'd be just fine, just slap it on and I'd be all set. I think I'm going to order it in the next month and have it here. I'm buying the 056 mag next week. Leaps and bounds dude. You know how it is.

The carb may or may not have to be changed, or at least re-jetted. Casey (CaseyForrest) did a BB046 and the main jet wasn't big enough, at 4 turns out on the L and H jets, he had to swap the main jet.

Mine was a couple years older than Kris' and didn't need the bigger jet, as it was already in the carb. not a big deal, but some carbs are more epa friendly than others. Being an older 044 and not a newer 440 should not be a problem. If you run into problems, we'll set you straight and Lakeside will recommend the right parts. ok! Rock on, The two BB046's I put together reallly run good. I've wanted to get an 044 to play with...

ciscoguy01 said:
Hey Lake. Is there anyway to tell what year your saw was built by the serial number??? Like by mine??? I was told it was bought in 01. Wasn't sure how true that was. Here's a pic dude.

Not directly from the serial number, but we have our ways... yours is 1995...

Hey anybody know about how long it takes to get an order from Bailey's this saw is my back up i have two 460 but I need it going as quick as I can get it. I can buy yhe complete kit off of ebay for about the same money,but thinking I should stick with the dealer on this.

time

If parts are in stock.I get mine in 3 to 4 days.They are good!Also very friendly people.Went some where Else to save a little money,got screwed.Back to baileys.Extra couple bucks is worth it!
Ed

314epw said:
If parts are in stock.I get mine in 3 to 4 days.They are good!Also very friendly people.Went some where Else to save a little money,got screwed.Back to baileys.Extra couple bucks is worth it!
Ed

Thanks, I was thinking on something like this I shpuld go with Bailey's and thats as fast as I would get it anywhere else too :)

Back