need info on a very early stihl 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old 040

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just picked up a very early 041 non av model, it was missing the air filter and filter cover and the choke rod/link, i think i've pinpointed which parts i need, but want to be shure before dropping big dollars for nos filter and cover. the part # on the filter base is 1110 141 0811, the filter i think fits this base #1110 120 1611, and cover #1110 084 0602, not shure on the choke rod. the air filter should measure at the top 3"15/16 wide, bottom 3"7/16 wide and 4"1/16 long. the serial number on the saw is 2546183, this 041 looks to be right after the 040, any help would be great. thanks, mark

the part # on the filter base is 1110 141 0811, the filter i think fits this base #1110 120 1611, and cover #1110 084 0602, not shure on the choke rod.

According to my IPL's for the 041FB and the 041AV the filter base is part number 1110 140 2815, the filter is 1110 140 1002 and the cover for the 041FB is 1110 084 0604 however if yours is an original 041 then it will have a different cover and filter base to the 041FB. As far as I know the filter base, filter and choke link is common to only the 041FB and 041AV. The choke link rod is part number 1110 185 1904 for the 041FB and 041AV but it would be different for the original 041.

Regards

Phil

Last edited:
The original 041 "red head" has a box the carb sits in. The top and choke linkage are the same as 040. Kill switch is same place as 041 farm boss instead of in top cover like 040 though.
James

thanks for the replys, but this saw is all original, there is no "box" that the carb sits in (i know this version), the 040 cover or filter willnot fit, and the later farmboss style is not correct either, the intake manifold is two piece (i've never seen this style) and the carb is exsposed like a farmboss, i think the choke rod is activated by a slider knob just like the 040:confused2:

I have an all-original 040 -- no AV, not even a kill switch. The choke is used to stop the saw.

it's the black and white pic, i'm quite shure it shows the correct air filter cover i need

You need the small air filter cover.....the IPL for the 041g is showing the whole cover coming off to get to the filter.....not just the center ..... Is that right?

You need the small air filter cover.....the IPL for the 041g is showing the whole cover coming off to get to the filter.....not just the center ..... Is that right?

not shure what you mean buy "just the center", but the whole cover is removed to get to the filter

The original 041 "red head" has a box the carb sits in. The top and choke linkage are the same as 040. Kill switch is same place as 041 farm boss instead of in top cover like 040 though.
James

thanks for the input yesterday, i'm starting to think there was two very early versions of the 041 red top, the one you speak of and this one i have, or the one i have came right after or before the boxed carb. style, not shure which one was first, but would like to know:msp_rolleyes:

not shure what you mean buy "just the center", but the whole cover is removed to get to the filter

On the picture of the black and white saw, when you unscrew the knob the center piece comes off and the filter is under it. On the colored picture, when you unscrew the knob the whole top cover comes off.

Can you post a picture of your saw. I have a few boxes of parts for 041. I might have the part if I can see your saw.

As we know, there where many models and versions of the 041. Many parts are interchangeable between them but they are a few parts that don't interchange.

Pictures are extemely important here.

On the picture of the black and white saw, when you unscrew the knob the center piece comes off and the filter is under it. On the colored picture, when you unscrew the knob the whole top cover comes off.

Can you post a picture of your saw. I have a few boxes of parts for 041. I might have the part if I can see your saw.

As we know, there where many models and versions of the 041. Many parts are interchangeable between them but they are a few parts that don't interchange.

Pictures are extemely important here.

wish i could send a pic but the camera is on the brink, the cover shown in the black and white photo is all one piece, i'm thinking that what you mean buy just the center, is the cover that is used on the av model, they look very much the same, thanks for youre input

just wanted to let you know, that after looking at the pic shown on mikes site of the 041g, it does have the filter cover i need, but would say 041g, not just 041, the cover shown on the black and white pic of the 041 is one piece, and is the one i think is right far my saw, if you look at the pic of the 041av on mikes site, you'll see the small cover i think you are talking about

Just to settle our curiosity can you show us which one is the right one?:) It's the same style correct?

Regards

Phil

Back