Need small cheap saw for wife-recommendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post pictures of your wife so we can get an idea what saw will go good with her....:cheers::cheers:

:agree2::hmm3grin2orange:

My wife has a ms250 with the goofy pull start. she likes it because it is easy for her to pull start. I don't like it because I forget and go to drop start it and about punch my self in the nose with no compression behind the pull:mad:

I bought the wife a 260 pro couple christmasas ago she loves it treats it with great care listens to instructions very attentivly I have never seen her abuse it in any way. I dont really think you have to go cheap. We cut up a big maple blow down a few years ago with our neighbor and his dad hes a loggerdads a retired logger the were in aw of her cutting style and productivity. Dont under estimate her. Best investment ive ever made.
attachment.php

attachment.php

you can get her a cs-310,,,it is 30 cc and goes for 200.00,,,,,do a mod and pull the limiters and it will scream,,,,,,and she won't be able to tear it up,,,

First I read the title:
Need small cheap saw for wife-recommendations?
Thought - now who would trade their wife for a small cheap saw?
:)

God Bless my wife!...She wants to get more involved with helping me out with woodcutting....She's used my MS-170/290 on occasion, but I want to get her something cheap in the 30 cc. range so if she tears it up whilst learning to use it,

Let her start on the 170, move up to the 290 if she can handle it well, then to the 036. Meanwhile get yourself a good 660. Dave, thechainsawguy, has a 660 going for the BIN price of $600.

We can't tell from your info if your wife is a button cute 4' 6"' 80lb lady who can't lift a gallon of milk or a 6' 170lb ex Navy Seal. If she thinks the 460 is to light FOR HER you shouldn't waste money on a small cheap saw.

Echo CS-370 or CS-400. Great little saws, good power, easy starting, and can be had new or lighty used on Ebay for less than $200.....Cliff

:agree2:

Just bought a CS 370 myself.. This little thing surprised the heck out of me. Modded the muffler and removed limiters.. put a 14" oregon b&c on it and it runs like crazy.. Couldn't beat if for a $50 CL find.. :greenchainsaw:

God Bless my wife!...She wants to get more involved with helping me out with woodcutting....She's used my MS-170/290 on occasion, but I want to get her something cheap in the 30 cc. range so if she tears it up whilst learning to use it, I'm not out a lot of $$...recommendations please.....Had to get my SIL to shorten up some chaps for her too.

Why be cheap, when it is for your wife? :confused::givebeer:

If you really are cheap, that 170 sounds just right - but I never would get such a cheap POS for my wife!

Might as well go with a ms260 pro. heck she is gonna want to upgrade and give her a saw thats lighter than your 290 and will out cut you 290. it would also be easier to start with the decomp valuve. now i work at stihl dealership in southern illinois. and the ms 260 pro books for 509.99 with an 18 inch bar. and thats a great size bar on that saw.

I've ran about 6 tanks of fuel through my 211, and it's fast becoming one of my favorite saws. It's not as powerful as the Ryobi, but it has better AV, air filtration, and the overall build quality is better. Yes they're not cheep, but for a homeowner saw it's a little sleeper IMHO.

attachment.php

Back