Need some input on pricing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you discuss the time, possible costs, and difficulties with the owner? If you so, multiply normal cost per hour and add expenses. That‘s pretty high for one tree unless he has money to burn. No offense.

our worker comp insurance rate is 20.00/hr per crew member, add that to cost of salary and benefits, it looks like I'd need to bid that tree at 8,700.00 to break even.
I’m not sure if this is a joke or what? But we now need more information how long did this take how many hours how many people? Pining_fir_yew 8700$ to break even? People please tell me what I’m missing. Thanks Joe

Hello all . I did a job and the bill is big. It was a big triple basswood with a lot of top. It had to be climbed and topped before we dropped them. It was on a lake edge, steep hill to come up , or three mile round trip haul across a lake with sleigh and tractor on shacks ice. Here are some pictures . Once on the boat landing it was about a 46 mile round trip to haul it with truck and dump trailer. I was going to haul them out with my horses but I did not trust the ice 100%.
I did not bill him yet but when I figured it all up it came up to a little over 12,000. Would like some opinions on that . Thanks in advance.
I have to ask why did you go to all the extra work and expense of packing the waste product out? The lake was 70 feet deep at some locations. Some of the "brushier sections would have made great fish habitat. If the Wisconsin DNR did not allow that then why did you not just burn it all on site once the removal was completed? We can all arm-chair quarterback the issue but if you were confident that you did the right thing you would not be on a international website asking for folks to confirm it.

You need a quote with an actual price and then a binding contract, unless you're charging a fixed price per hour. Whether the price is $300 or $30,000, you need to make sure the price/pricing is fully agreed upon beforehand, otherwise the customer can refuse to pay you, and you'll have a nearly impossible time collecting it in court, unlike you would if you got a real contract in place.

I'd love to see an itemized breakdown of how you can possibly think charging 12k for one tree is remotely reasonable.

No offense intended, but that's insane.

Latest posts

Back