Need work done to husqvarna 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty r

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Not sure what's going on with it. Good person to send Husqvarna too to check out? No servicing dealer here in town. Would rather send to someone that will be honest instead of throwing parts at like I've seen with small engine places here in Corpus

If you want it ported I have saws from several builder's I can recommend.
If they're not booked up
Pm me I'll give you their info.

I found it at the landfill, carb looks fairly new, piston and cylinder look great, new fuel filter and lines possibly, and new spark plug. Wouldn't start at all. Compression feels good (no tester) Ordered a new ignition coil and it fired right up. Got it to idle after messing with the adjustment and a tach. Can't seem to get the tune dialed in though and smokes a bit while revving. Might just to run it more to see what's going on. Had to pull the coil and put it in my 372 xt cause it went out. What causes the metal to get wore down on a coil?

I found it at the landfill, carb looks fairly new, piston and cylinder look great, new fuel filter and lines possibly, and new spark plug. Wouldn't start at all. Compression feels good (no tester) Ordered a new ignition coil and it fired right up. Got it to idle after messing with the adjustment and a tach. Can't seem to get the tune dialed in though and smokes a bit while revving. Might just to run it more to see what's going on. Had to pull the coil and put it in my 372 xt cause it went out. What causes the metal to get wore down on a coil?
It should not wear down, use a business card to set air gap between coil and flywheel.

Awesome yes, I didn't think it should wear. I wonder if it had cam loose. We all know these husqvarnas like the rattle the bolts loose. Cause my xt was brand new and I ran it for around a year. But it did sit for 3 years prior to that I used never ran

Awesome yes, I didn't think it should wear. I wonder if it had cam loose. We all know these husqvarnas like the rattle the bolts loose. Cause my xt was brand new and I ran it for around a year. But it did sit for 3 years prior to that I used never ran
Blue thread locker solves those issues. Here is one I have.IMG_20201113_142552375.jpg

Maybe you have bad crank bearings and the flywheel is hitting the coil, instead of the coil hitting the flywheel?

Does that mean you got it a year ago and put new bearings in it at that point, or does the saw have a 2019 build date on the tag?
It was bought brand new I think 2016 sat for 3 years had never been used of started. I bought it and used it for a year now

Welllll.... I need to send it to someone that's a good husqvarna builder need to install a new jug and piston. And have it vac tested or whatever to make sure there's no leaks. Wouldn't mind getting it port and polished.

Latest posts

Back