Negative rep

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of ironic that some tout the use of pot makes people happy and pacifist, yet say something against the use of pot and they bad rep you. The ONLY red rep I have ever gotten was from a pot lover. Funny how that doesn't jive with the attribute they say marijuana offers.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: and a high percentage of pot heads are know-it-alls

There seems to be a growing trend on this site towards giving out negative rep. I have a pretty strong opinion about that, and I thought I would sound off about it.

Arborist Site serves a global community, but I believe that it mostly follows ideals near to the hearts of USA citizens: FREE SPEECH.

Every time you silly bastards that go around red-repping folks that you just disagree with, you are admitting that you support tyranny, that you think it's ok to suppress others free speech, and you also admit that you lack the personal courage to put your opinions up where they can be seen by everybody.

I suppose someone does deserve negative rep if the content of their posts is prohibited, vulgar, or somehow inappropriate. On the other hand, if you just don't happen to like someone else's opinion, then don't be a little coward and quietly stick them in the back! Just stand up like a man and tell them all about it. [BTW: I don't think the girls are doing this stuff at all, hence my sexist comment.]

So let's stop this bad behavior, ok?

If anybody red-reps me over this post, you can bet that I will publicly denounce you and repeat your comments for everybody to read. Why?

'Cause I ain't no little chicken-#### that willingly tolerates that kind of behavior.

tell me, in a post below--you check drunks--does that mean that wouldnt get a neg rep from you if they were on this forum????? just curious

How many here that are down on the usage of pot, smoke or drink on a regular basis? I've got a Sam Adam's Black Lager in front of me. I don't smoke pot. What's the practical difference? I would suggest that the only difference is that one is legal and taxes are collected and the other is not. I don't have any personal experience to compare a pot high to an alcohol high, but from my understanding, I would rather have a fellow behind the wheel on THC as opposed to alcohol.

Ian

Last edited:
tell me, in a post below--you check drunks--does that mean that wouldnt get a neg rep from you if they were on this forum????? just curious

NOTHING you can do or say will cause me to red-rep you. Take yourself, for example. You are the very first person to ever red-rep me, and that was in the political forum for this rather factual, non-offensive comment:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=2097440&postcount=40

I did not neg-rep you then, and I certainly would not neg rep anyone for being candid with their pot smoking opinions, regardless of what forum they posted it in. I like the straight up pot smokers a whole lot more than I do the sneaky little worms that wait till I catch them with a drug test to find out that they are users.

You don't quite get the picture I am painting, do you? These forums are for the free expression of opinions, facts, and even mis-information and lies. So long as the poster is following the rules established by the moderators, there is no need for red-repping anyone. I have previously expressed myself on why I think this way.

Besides! Read my thread on "do you work with a bunch of drunks?", and you will find LOTS of guys posting that they openly endorse pot smoking, some even think it is ok on the job. There was no red-repping party in that thread, at least not that I was aware of.

A note of explanation:
I check drunks in the workplace, just like I do drug tests: random, as specified in a Federally mandated "Random Sampling Drug Testing Program". I also test for booze or drugs upon reasonable suspicion, as permitted under the same set of Federal DOT regulations.

I got fined $2000.00 two years ago for NOT testing a Class "B" driver before I hired him. It doesn't even matter whether I tested him after that. The Feds don't play, boys. They will walk in and screw anybody they want on this DOT stuff. I am even required to random test myself! They make me do lots of other stuff too...

How many here that are down on the usage of pot, smoke or drink on a regular basis? I've got a Sam Adam's Black Lager in front of me. I don't smoke pot. What's the practical difference? I would suggest that the only difference is that one is legal and taxes are collected and the other is not. I don't have any personal experience to compare a pot high to an alcohol high, but from my understanding, I would rather have a fellow behind the wheel on THC as opposed to alcohol.

Ian

There is one pretty big difference: NOBODY smokes pot because they like the aroma, nor do they consider it an enriching cultural experience; a sensory experience to be cherished. Nope. Nothing like that. They smoke pot to get stoned, buzzed, whatever the expression of choice. If they didn't get stoned from it, no one would buy or smoke pot.

My first employer (back when I was 13) told me that everybody knew about pot when he was young, and it wasn't illegal then, either. According to him, it was used as a substitute for tobacco when you couldn't afford the real thing. Everybody knew it made you dizzy if you smoked too much... My how things have changed, eh?

When I drink a beer, it is because I am thirsty. When I drink some other alcoholic beverage, it is because I genuinely LIKE the taste of what I am drinking. Quite frankly, I wish the stuff had no effect on me at all, then I could have as much as I wanted. Every night would be Margaritaville! I could have a big cold beer with lunch, and my favorite liqueurs could be had anytime I felt like it.

There are also thousands of years of cultural baggage that comes with alcohol, especially in beer and wine. 500 years ago, if you drank water, you were going to get sick from it, whereas all the alcoholic beverages were pretty safe from disease. We have all this cultural acceptance of booze, and that barrier is not going to come down very fast.

Last edited:
There is one pretty big difference: NOBODY smokes pot because they like the aroma, nor do they consider it an enriching cultural experience; a sensory experience to be cherished. Nope. Nothing like that. They smoke pot to get stoned, buzzed, whatever the expression of choice. If they didn't get stoned from it, no one would buy or smoke pot.

My first employer (back when I was 13) told me that everybody knew about pot when he was young, and it wasn't illegal then, either. According to him, it was used as a substitute for tobacco when you couldn't afford the real thing. Everybody knew it made you dizzy if you smoked too much... My how things have changed, eh?

When I drink a beer, it is because I am thirsty. When I drink some other alcoholic beverage, it is because I genuinely LIKE the taste of what I am drinking. Quite frankly, I wish the stuff had no effect on me at all, then I could have as much as I wanted. Every night would be Margaritaville! I could have a big cold beer with lunch, and my favorite liqueurs could be had anytime I felt like it.

There are also thousands of years of cultural baggage that comes with alcohol, especially in beer and wine. 500 years ago, if you drank water, you were going to get sick from it, whereas all the alcoholic beverages were pretty safe from disease. We have all this cultural acceptance of booze, and that barrier is not going to come down very fast.

How many people smoke cigarettes because they just love the flavor? I'd wager it isn't many. I'd think that pot is smoked precisely for the "sensory experience to be cherished", exactly like tobacco. The drug of choice is simply nicotine instead of THC.

Ian

Ian

Well, I think the regular Bud in a can is what you need to get you off that strong stuff! ( Lager)

Back