Negative rep

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the rep system. If i ask a question, and get a answer that im pretty sure isnt correct, i judge by the stars. There is usually a reason that some people have 2000 post and no stars. Then some have 200 post and 12 stars. I know this isnt 100 % correct, but it gives me the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion.:cheers:

Don't some of these guys get together and heap pos rep on each other? Saw a little of it in the firewood forum.

Sort of ironic that some tout the use of pot makes people happy and pacifist, yet say something against the use of pot and they bad rep you. The ONLY red rep I have ever gotten was from a pot lover. Funny how that doesn't jive with the attribute they say marijuana offers.

Well, this site has become pathetic. A couple years ago, i could come into the commercial forum and talk about the job with other professionals. Now it's become a place where someone can whine about a neg rep he has received. I wonder where all the real treemen have gone.

Busy climbing and cutting! :cheers:

LMAO. "saying bad stuff about pot" :laugh: "They'' are the only people that think its a good thing. I dont agree with smoking marijuana on or off the job. But oh well, its there life. I guess they can do what they want with it.

Until they resort to stealing and lying.....

This isn't turning out the way I had hoped...

Really guys!

It was not my intention to start some sort of "beg for red-rep" thread.

I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that we can behave more like grownups, and less like little boys fighting with pride over nothing at the playground. Try to imagine that you have a more noble goal in visiting this site than to work out your frustrations upon strangers. There are better things to waste your time on than seeing how many people you can irritate anonymously.

I find that I seem to have overestimated the character of the patrons at this website. No one seems to agree with me that silently red-repping someone is a cowardly act, yet all of you who are doing it in this thread seem to be speaking up for yourselves when you do it. I guess that confirms my thoughts.

Maybe we can make that an unspoken consensus? If you are going to red-rep someone, you should have the guts to post publicly that you are doing it? I certainly don't care if I get red-repped, so long as the perpetrator admits to doing it.

Thanks Treeco! You're just being another defiant type that wants recognition for being contrary. Contrary is ok in my book, providing it doesn't come across as mean spirited. I'm not sure about you. I guess you did give it a smiley face. Since you called your red-rep cheesy, I guess it's pretty harmless, eh?

I was just kidding with TreeCo I didn't neg him, actually I never neg anyone on this site. If I have a problem with something someone says I confront them with words not red reps. Who cares anyways about reps it pointless to me on here. People talk alot of #### on here including me from time to time, I think sometimes its just the mood and the arborisite is their vent. I have done it on occasion myself, the bottom line is we are all in the same boat and for the most part I think everyone on here is cool as ####. You have to have respect for people who do this kind of work.

I was just kidding with TreeCo I didn't neg him, actually I never neg anyone on this site. If I have a problem with something someone says I confront them with words not red reps. Who cares anyways about reps it pointless to me on here. People talk alot of #### on here including me from time to time, I think sometimes its just the mood and the arborisite is their vent. I have done it on occasion myself, the bottom line is we are all in the same boat and for the most part I think everyone on here is cool as ####. You have to have respect for people who do this kind of work.

:agree2:

Guess i'm outtatouch

I guess I don't know much about this site afterall. I don't post much, because I see alot of what I want to say already being said, when I do...is when I think I have something to add or a question I would like answered. I must me tech-illiterate or something. How do you give someone rep....positive or negative? I have had many discussions here, some with highly opinionated adversaries that have become heated...but have never had a need to give reputation to anyone. If I like what someone says I tell 'em, if I don't I tell 'em. What is this about reputation? Mine must really suck...I don't even know where to look for it.

Really guys!

It was not my intention to start some sort of "beg for red-rep" thread.

I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that we can behave more like grownups, and less like little boys fighting with pride over nothing at the playground. Try to imagine that you have a more noble goal in visiting this site than to work out your frustrations upon strangers. There are better things to waste your time on than seeing how many people you can irritate anonymously.

I find that I seem to have overestimated the character of the patrons at this website. No one seems to agree with me that silently red-repping someone is a cowardly act, yet all of you who are doing it in this thread seem to be speaking up for yourselves when you do it. I guess that confirms my thoughts.

Maybe we can make that an unspoken consensus? If you are going to red-rep someone, you should have the guts to post publicly that you are doing it? I certainly don't care if I get red-repped, so long as the perpetrator admits to doing it.

Thanks Treeco! You're just being another defiant type that wants recognition for being contrary. Contrary is ok in my book, providing it doesn't come across as mean spirited. I'm not sure about you. I guess you did give it a smiley face. Since you called your red-rep cheesy, I guess it's pretty harmless, eh?

I'm looking forward to your adding this to your "worst injury". :laugh:

is there a prize for the winner? is it a race? is the idea to discourage punks? who is winning right now? who is the coolest guy on arboristsite.com? Who is the most unliked poster? If I have a green dot under my name that means I got repped? is a star an acumulation of reps?

Back