New 066!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl4life

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pickin the 066 tomorrow at 12:00! Can't wait! What do you say that in honor of such a great saw, we all post some cool 066 pics!

No, i didn't buy it off ebay. The guy was about to put it on ebay just before i called him up! I'll post some pics of my own when she gets here tomorrow!

That's cool, I just saw the "ebay" in the pic url.

Even better that it is local.

Good deal. Hope it wears you out before you wear it out. lol.

-Steve

First thing....mod the muffler....open it up.....a dual port is very nice.:rockn:

Could you post some pics? Of how to mod the muffler, that is? An 066 will outcut a Husqvarna 371XP won't it?

Stihl4life said:
Being 5'11", 14 yrs old and 135lbs, im sure it will! lol. You have any problems selling th 2186?

Nope, she's gone. I need to make a few more go away. lol

I really wish you the best the first time you have that in the woods all day.

I'm about your size and build and the first time I used it non stop in the woods for a weekend, I wanted to sell it. After i did, i missed it, alot.

I'd get a shorter bar if you plan to use it all the time, use the 36 only when you need it.

It's a great saw that will last a long time if it is taken care of.

-Steve

Oh yeah, definately a muffler mod. Search for muffler mod 066 and I did a write up on one.
*Edit* see link in next post

Ya, i did a search on muffler mods. So, you can buy a daul port muffler from Stihl? It looks like it was pretty eas to mod the single port, so, i think i'll just do that for now. I'm also thinkin about a 24"-25" bar. What is a good bar company? Is there one that stands out above the rest?

Stihl4life said:
Ya, i did a search on muffler mods. So, you can buy a daul port muffler from Stihl? It looks like it was pretty eas to mod the single port, so, i think i'll just do that for now. I'm also thinkin about a 24"-25" bar. What is a good bar company? Is there one that stands out above the rest?

I like Total bars (made by Tsumara) They last a long time and have a good tip on them. The oregon bars seem to wear really bad and have horrible tips IMO.

Windsor Sandvik, and GB Titanium bars are great too.

As long as it isn't oregon, it is ok in my book. lol

Thanks Fstang! I look into those brands! So, what kind of mustangs do you have? You have any older (67-70) mustangs?

Stihl4life said:
Thanks Fstang! I look into those brands! So, what kind of mustangs do you have? You have any older (67-70) mustangs?

66 coupe, was originally a 6 cyl auto. Now 93 cobra EFI motor and 5 speed with 4 wheel disc brakes

86 GT convertible, 57K miles. Lots of mods. Low 12 second street cruiser

89 coupe, was my "play race car" it will be sold in the fall

1986 ex Utah highway Patrol car. I am restoring this one to the way it was when it was in service. one of 38 cars produced in 1986 for UHP, one of 36 in 1986 with a 5 speed.

that's about it right now. I had lots more, but sold them to buy up more saws. :laugh:

talk to NWCS on this site....he carrys the GB bars....get one of the titanium bars. His name is Ben, he is in washington to so shipping will be cheap.24'25' is fine but i have more fun with a 20".

Stihl4life said:
Thats sweet! Is that the 89 in the pic? That's my favorite year for the fox bodys next to the 93.

Yep, Lost almost all of my pics when my hard drived crashed. That's happened twice now.

It was running 12.0's in that pic with stock block and cast iron heads. I lauched it off of the rev limiter on slicks (6250 rpm).

I have a bunch of my 86 vert around here somewhere.

Steve i use to play with some stangs till i ran out of money and had to sell them, i had a 90 GT bolt ons
93 triple white summer edition (rare)
89 coupe with a windsor stroked to a 393 ran 6.70's on motor 1/8
96GT stock
92 hatchback with a 150 shot bone stock ran 7.80's all day long in the 1/8

Just talking about them kills me...lol

Sweet cars guys! I get my pops ol 1996 silverado with a 5.7 litre 350. I want a V8 mustang though, even though im really interested in a 1967 all original 327 Camaro! I can't wait till im 16...

Latest posts

Back