New 090 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pictures look almost identical to the new MS 070 a Stihl dealer here in Belize has for sale. It is a current model made in Germany. Is the 090 a current model or old stock?

Hey JungleMist...See you are in Belize! I may be down your way some time late this year. I sometimes manage a research island off the coast. Some of the best scuba diving in the world on your barrier reef - second largest in the world.

How much is the new 070 there? Have you asked if they can get the 090 and where are you located?

Cheers...Carl

Hey JungleMist...See you are in Belize! I may be down your way some time late this year. I sometimes manage a research island off the coast. Some of the best scuba diving in the world on your barrier reef - second largest in the world.

How much is the new 070 there? Have you asked if they can get the 090 and where are you located?

Cheers...Carl

The 070 is around $2,500 US. I had not asked about the 090.

I am located in the western part of the country. I am a scuba diver but haven't been diving here yet. :cry:

I am not sure that i have seen a handle like that before....

I was thinking the same thing?? never seen that??? Is it a copy?? or genuine?

I have one with the same handle setup. :)..............but it's not nice and shinny like his:( I need to take new pics.....after cleanded up a little. You can also see by the 090 tag his is a later model, mine two piece his one piece.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

TT

Last edited:
I have one with the same handle setup. :)..............but it's not nice and shinny like his:( I need to take new pics.....after cleanded up a little. You can also see by the 090 tag his is a later model, mine two piece his one piece.

attachment.php

attachment.php

TT

Cool. What are u doing with all those saws in the truck?? Projects?

You know you are a chainsaw addict when you get all exited just to discover that they still make a new 090. So that company is located in Australia but if you go onto www.stihl.com and click on Australia there is no 090 listed under products. Actually I looked in about 10 locations and no contries have the 090 listed under products. Some contries don't even have the 880. I wonder if you could have that company http://www.huntermac.com.au/chsw_prof.html
ship one to the USA??? The size of it sure is amazing, it makes the 880 look like a little toy!!!:greenchainsaw:

Would have used a 088 with 36", while still climbing on regular basis, around one job a week I reckon if you averaged it out and after a day of that hanging off the harness put you in your place and ensured a good night's sleep !! It wasn't so much the weight as the lenth of the bar that was the problem that said I would'nt fancy trying to start a flooded 090 up a tree !
I will be starting it up for the first time on sat or sun and will be interested to feel the difference between it and my 070 also have never run a new 090 only well worked ones. On a side note the guy I bought it from was telling me that during a chat at the factory some years ago whilst talking about the 090's he was told that some of the engines had been used in microlights any one shine any light on that ?

On a side note the guy I bought it from was telling me that during a chat at the factory some years ago whilst talking about the 090's he was told that some of the engines had been used in microlights any one shine any light on that ?

I have read that on AS before............may have been Lakeside that said it.

You know you are a chainsaw addict when you get all exited just to discover that they still make a new 090. So that company is located in Australia but if you go onto www.stihl.com and click on Australia there is no 090 listed under products. Actually I looked in about 10 locations and no contries have the 090 listed under products. Some contries don't even have the 880. I wonder if you could have that company http://www.huntermac.com.au/chsw_prof.html
ship one to the USA??? The size of it sure is amazing, it makes the 880 look like a little toy!!!:greenchainsaw:

I think they don't officially advertise it - only the 070. But they still put out a few every now an then. After all, there's not a lot oof difference between the two. That site's the only one that I know of advertising it. Note the MS381 too!

I think they don't officially advertise it - only the 070. But they still put out a few every now an then. After all, there's not a lot oof difference between the two. That site's the only one that I know of advertising it. Note the MS381 too!

I didn't think I recognized the 381 number. That's basically an 038 Mag, isn't it? Either way I could almost get a new 660 for that price here, and a new 880 for maybe a couple hundred bucks more than the price of the 441. And yes, that's considering exchange rates.

Dave, I couldn't imagine trying to start one of these up a tree flooded or not. It's the only saw I own other than the Pioneer RA that I really avoid drop-starting, because every once in a while it'll decide to pull back on me which usually results in pain somewhere.

I think that if you want one of these shipped into the US or Canada, you have to know someone that you can get to go buy it for you and then ship it privately. I'm pretty sure that they are banned imports as far as commercial customs are concerned, or somebody would be offering them to US customers online. Since folks here or on eBay routinely ship 090s across the Canada/US border though, there musn't be a problem with individuals shipping them.

A dealer likely could not bring one in and re sell it without getting unfavorable attention from customs and Stihl (forget about warranty) but a 'used' or 'parts' saw(wink wink) should not create any problems.

Latest posts

Back