New 3/8" STIHL PICCO Super 3 Saw Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Awwww finally, a chisel cutter chain for top handle saws, about time. Check the specs on this bad boy, not bad.

STIHL Inc. is proud to announce an additional saw chain for the professional arborist in a full-chisel cutter style. The 3/8" STIHL PICCO Super 3 is especially designed for use on the MS 200/201 and MS 200T/201T.

Users will benefit from these key product features:

15% more cutting performance than the STIHL 63 PMC3 and 33% more cutting performance than the Oregon 91VG
5% less feed force than STIHL 63 PMC3 and 26% less feed force than the Oregon 91VG
Low vibration
Smoother running

Whatcha think Sawtroll??

I will definately be getting some of this. When will it be available?

They were talking about it at a meeting a few weeks ago. Supposely its ready to go. I haven't checked on it yet but will indeed look into it for the arborist in my area, they all use 200T's. Should be a good seller. Fact I'll look into right now. Be right back...

Just checked e-sales, its ready for sale. Part # for a 14inch loop is 3616 005 0055

Last edited:
Awwwww, I smell a price increase as well.....how many % ...vs the mentioned chains...????:msp_unsure:

$22.00 a loop list but who pays list, should be able to get it for 13-14.00 a loop anywhere cept where I work, where I work its 25.00 a loop, hahahahaha

ooops, did I really say that, was not eye said the blind man..

Last edited:
I posted a thread about this a while ago.

It sure is good news, but the backside of the medal is that it is "3" chain, and that it looks like it is replacing the 63PMC (not PMC3). :msp_unsure:

Here is the other thread.

Last edited:
Its a shame that we cant get a bar longer than 14 inches, I think, that will run it.
I would like to try one at 18 inches on my 026.

I love it! I will definitely be picking up a few loops to try on both my 200t and 200 rear handle.

I imagine a ms250 with this chain and a 3/8lp setup would be quick as well!

YEP!, My ms-250 EATS with that chain, I was testing it out on a 13" oak, and i found if the chain is laser sharp, it'll eat like a hot knife through butter. It didn't even bog down.

I got a few loops for the shop, my distributor had it in pre-made loops up to 62dl.
Looks like it will be some good stuff.

That's awesome. I'm gonna pick up a loop and do a timed comparison with that chain vs Oregon 91VXL when I get my 020t going.

What's the point of bringing out a chizel chain but making it blunt humped POS safety junk? What a sick joke! I'm pickin' the old semi chizel non-safety is still gonna be a superior chain than this new phony-sounding politically-correct nonsense stuff...

What's the point of bringing out a chizel chain but making it blunt humped POS safety junk? What a sick joke! I'm pickin' the old semi chizel non-safety is still gonna be a superior chain than this new phony-sounding politically-correct nonsense stuff...

What are you talking about? This is not safety chain.

So this isn't it then?

K-3616PS3-T002_p.jpg

I don't know if that's it or not, but that's certainly not safety chain.

Take it from someone who swings on chainsaws all day and who's been hearing and seeing and putting up with all the bulldust and propaganda and hype for donkeys years - THAT'S A CRAP SAFETY CHAIN!

Back