New 346XP by Husqvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you would be welcome!!!!

:laugh: I just gotta visit Texas someday!

c'mon down,,,, we're spendin some time down at the river on the sand bar under the willow trees on tha weekends,,,,, too hot for much extra saw work,,,,,

Bar-b-Q'ing and boat riding and fishing for Bass & Crappie,,,,and drinking a few cool pops :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Xceptin the Designated drivers (they drew tha short straw)

c'mon down,,,, we're spendin some time down at the river on the sand bar under the willow trees on tha weekends,,,,, too hot for much extra saw work,,,,,

Bar-b-Q'ing and boat riding and fishing for Bass & Crappie,,,,and drinking a few cool pops :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Xceptin the Designated drivers (they drew tha short straw)

Where ya fishing at. The Bend or the Big Sandy..........

346XP Oil leaking

Hi,

I just received my 346xp. I used it once and set it on a cardboard box 2 days ago. I picked it up and is is now leaking bar oil. (roughly between a quarter and a half dollar size puddle) Did I do something wrong putting the bar on? It seems to run fine and is tight. I wasn't expecting a new saw to be leaking.:cry: :cry:

Any thoughts?

Hutch

If it keeps leaking like this I'll have a spot the size of the saw in a week. That just CANT be right. I must say, the stihls I had didn't drop this kind of pile. It's a little disappointing.

Where ya fishing at. The Bend or the Big Sandy..........

Sam Rayburn out of Powell Park, and San Augustine,,,, Toledo Bend @ Six Mile, and the Indian Mounds/Housen Bay, on the South end..... @ Home I fish the Sabine River on tidal changes where creeks/bayou's dump into the river... and flats that have some lily pads and moss (Hydrilla or coon tail)

Havent been to Livingston (Big Sandy) in several years,,,,,,

pretty normal really,,,

If it keeps leaking like this I'll have a spot the size of the saw in a week. That just CANT be right. I must say, the stihls I had didn't drop this kind of pile. It's a little disappointing.

They all pump oil out it just happens if it has an adjustable oiler you can cut it back a bit but a pretty good rule of thumb when you are cutting is when you have to add fuel mix the first time assuming bar oil and fuel mix tanks were full,,,, ya ought to have about a half a tank or so of bar oil left,,,,,,:clap:

Not a leak,just marking its territory.Mine does it too.:biggrinbounce2:

Most saws do that, to some degree - it may help to release the pressure in the oil tank, by opening the cap and put it on again, before you put it to storage.

Latest posts

Back