New 346XP by Husqvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter399

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi folks,

This week-end I went to the biggest forestry fair here in Sweden, Elmia.
Biggest news of interest for us AS people was the new edition of the 346XP.
Attached you find some pictures. The bore is now 50cc and power up from 3,4 to 3,6hp.
Weight should be the same. It also has a cool fuel pump which you press 2 times, then the saw will pop on the first pull. Comes in handy after you run out of gas and have to pull 10 times normally. It also has a new side cover in metal color. Husky also presented a new 55cc clearing saw which I found very very nice. Nothing new from Stihl except from what I reported from the German fair, upcoming 171, 181 and 211.

- PeterView attachment 52339

View attachment 52340

View attachment 52341

Very cool!!

The saw is great as it were, and now it sounds even better!! :bowdown:

I wonder how it will respond to getting rid of the e-tech muffler! :chainsawguy:

I wounder if its only for the Sweden market ?

My guess would be that it will come out on all markets. No press release yet, neither on the Swedish website, nor on the international one.
Should be a real killing machine considering the actual 346. All the advantages of the current 346 (+some new features) + the power of a PS5100.

Now I saw the news is already out there ;) Has been discussed already in the 357 xpw thread by swe_kipp and troll ;) . Well, it might deserve a thread of it's own. "The official" new 346XP thread.

Should be a real killing machine considering the actual 346. All the advantages of the current 346 (+some new features) + the power of a PS5100.

Hmmm, not quite the power of the 5100, at least on paper, but probably still less weight (and of course bulk).

I wonder if the advantage of the 5 extra ccs have been "split" between more power and emissions control (just a thought).....:popcorn: :givebeer:

I wonder if the advantage of the 5 extra ccs have been "split" between more power and emissions control (just a thought).....:popcorn: :givebeer:

This is probably the case here. The extra CC's are there to compensate for the power loss due to the emissions controls. Similar to some of the saws we have seen out on the west coast here in the US. This may be why there is no change in the model number.

Hi Spike, you are up early!

I think the should change the model number anyway, before it hits the market, as the is a power differense that should be notisable, and hopefully more low end torque as well.

349xp sounds good!

Husqvarna, Has a policy of continious product development and reserves the right to change designs, specifications and equipment levels without prior notice.....

(Given To Sawtroll).:cheers:

Husqvarna, Has a policy of continious product development and reserves the right to change designs, specifications and equipment levels without prior notice.....

(Given To Sawtroll).:cheers:

:cheers: Manual!

I know about their policy, but this time the changes are a bit more significant - compare to the differense between the 371xp and 372xp.....

Last edited:
This is probably the case here. The extra CC's are there to compensate for the power loss due to the emissions controls. Similar to some of the saws we have seen out on the west coast here in the US. This may be why there is no change in the model number.

Oh but i bet a good modding will take care of the epa problems.
It just want fit in the 3ci class now 49.16cc max, but could run at the local gtg's in the 50cc and down classes (since most will allow the 50.9 and down) or a place that changes the 3ci stock appearing class to fit in the 5100S.

Oh but i bet a good modding will take care of the epa problems.
It just want fit in the 3ci class now 49.16cc max, but could run at the local gtg's in the 50cc and down classes (since most will allow the 50.9 and down) or a place that changes the 3ci stock appearing class to fit in the 5100S.

or take mm or two off the cylinder to drop the displacement into 3ci class...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Coming Soon .....Eat your hearts out Stihl and dolmar lovers.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........:dizzy: :dizzy: :confused:

My guess is that it is designed as a work-saw, not a race-saw.......

wasnt they all at one time eh. like the 3120, 2100,181,61,262,5000,346,026,088,361, and etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Hi Spike, you are up early!

I think the should change the model number anyway, before it hits the market, as the is a power differense that should be notisable, and hopefully more low end torque as well.

349xp sounds good!

It would be a perfect time to use the 346XXP that I suggested in another thread. I even give them my permission.

Back