New 346XP by Husqvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, the chain brake even looks like a Poulan. Built into the clutch cover.
Not inside the crankcase like a SYIHL :D

Yup. My 026 is a fabulous example of how well an inside chain break works.
After like 2 tanks of gas, enough dirt is collected between the clutch and the rim sprocket drum so the #¤%"("& chain starts turning, and it's turning fast. So there you go, disassemble and clean again. Sometime between cleaning the air filter and cleaning the clutch, maybe you can find some seconds of cutting time ;) . The new 346XP must be the ultimate and final MS260 killer. If someone buys a 260 after this, I see no hope for this world.

Wow, the chain brake even looks like a Poulan. Built into the clutch cover.
Not inside the crankcase like a SYIHL :D

:pumpkin2: :pumpkin2: The handle has always been crank-case mounted on that "family" of saws, but the band is in the cover (has to be that way with an outboard clutch)..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lookie here Slow Mow
the parent company of Poulan would be Husqvarna.

Just thought you would like to Know A little about SYIHL'S? competition.

Now look close at the 346Xp Label on the Pull start cover,
Closer, Closer.
attachment.php
:computer2: Now do you see Etech? or just stars LOL
the green cap shows the saw is a etech design.

Wait a minute, that can't be a Husky, where's the Air Injection logo on that saw. The chain brake is there, the green cap is there, the outboard clutch is there but no logo in site, hmmmmmmmm, durn if I'm buying that saw without the logo, we know how that logo makes em run better,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

After like 2 tanks of gas, enough dirt is collected between the clutch and the rim sprocket drum so the #¤%"("& chain starts turning, and it's turning fast. So there you go, disassemble and clean again. Sometime between cleaning the air filter and cleaning the clutch, maybe you can find some seconds of cutting time ;) . The new 346XP must be the ultimate and final MS260 killer. If someone buys a 260 after this, I see no hope for this world.

Hmmmmmmmmmm I reckon the world has no hope then. Oddly my 026 can go thur numerous tanks of gas without a filter cleaning or any chain problems whatsoever. Aren't you the same guy that said a 290 will need a air filter cleaning after making a face cut, hmmmmmmm. Pete love your Huskies all ya like but spare me the bull please, wink!

Huh? clutch drum running? The clutch shoes clean the dirt from the inner drum in the area they contact. Same design on all Stihl's... millions sold each year. You might want to look closer at your clutch springs.... and spend $2 (USA) and replace them (replace all three). You have a shoe that is close to dragging and/or a worn drum bearing or drum.

There is no hope. ;) The only way the 260 dies from the market is if it stops selling. Stihl has tried to drop it a few times already... but that will require Husky to get its marketing act togther... Sold another yesterday.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think it's great that Pete is stihl trying to convince the world that the new Husky is better than the 20 year old Stihl, but the world won't listen:popcorn:

I think it's great that Pete is stihl trying to convince the world that the new Husky is better than the 20 year old Stihl, but the world won't listen:popcorn:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww fighting words,LOLOL

Hey Lake you heard anything about Echo and Shindiawa in talks to team up. I heard about it this morning, you heard anything?????

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww fighting words,LOLOL

Hey Lake you heard anything about Echo and Shindiawa in talks to team up. I heard about it this morning, you heard anything?????

I heard it last week or so.. but... rumors abound...

This game is just like the Operating Systems world.. Microsoft (Stihl), Apple (Husky) and Linux (Dolmar).... and who cares about the rest:biggrinbounce2: :popcorn:

Wait a minute, that can't be a Husky, where's the Air Injection logo on that saw. The chain brake is there, the green cap is there, the outboard clutch is there but no logo in site, hmmmmmmmm, durn if I'm buying that saw without the logo, we know how that logo makes em run better,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAs Stihl Done anything with the 260 to comply with emission standards.

HAs Stihl Done anything with the 260 to comply with emission standards.

Well deddy me I don't know, however,on June 20th, at 6pm I'll be down at the Dulles Hilton having supper with one of the big cats from Germany. I'll be sure to get a answer for you. Is there anything else you would like for me to ask him on your behalf???

I heard it last week or so.. but... rumors abound...

This game is just like the Operating Systems world.. Microsoft (Stihl), Apple (Husky) and Linux (Dolmar).... and who cares about the rest:biggrinbounce2: :popcorn:

The scoop I got is one of the two is having a very hard time meeting EPA standards and the other one of the two needs more market share. Marriage made in heaven huh? Stihl will probly perform the whole shin dig as preacher and undertaker,LOL

Well deddy me I don't know, however,on June 20th, at 6pm I'll be down at the Dulles Hilton having supper with one of the big cats from Germany. I'll be sure to get a answer for you. Is there anything else you would like for me to ask him on your behalf???

I'll take that as a "no not yet".
Seems to me that a company that considers them selves as #1 would care about the Echo system and would have already has showed developments
in there product line other then what the 441 in chainsaws.
yes I understand about 4 mix
Looks to me that a certain Swedish company has more interest in the ecology, then a certain German company.

"Is there anything else you would like for me to ask him on your behalf???"

Yes, do they realy think that being #1 is all about sales ?
Sorry I could not translate this question into Chinese.

Don't forget to ask my copy of the great Stihl chainsaw book, called the "sweet Bible" :givebeer: :givebeer:

Awwwwwwww yes the gospel of chainsaws, we can't forget that. Reminds me brother Belgian did you know Stihl was wounded four times in the war, yup, shot most likely with a Husky musket,LOLOLOL

Latest posts

Back