New 346XP by Husqvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAs Stihl Done anything with the 260 to comply with emission standards.

That is an old story - a few years ago they increased the ccs from 48.7 to 50.2, made the outlet more restrictive, and lost .2 kW or so...........;)

Last edited:
I see two possible reasons, less weight and less bulk........:blob2: :blob2:

...and if you are really nit-picky, the bar is closer to the lengthwise weight axis......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Awwwwwwwwwwv but that 5100 rocks.

Reminds me Sawtroll, how you like the 5100 now that you've tried, is it a beefy little saw or what??

Awwwwwwwwwwv but that 5100 rocks.

Reminds me Sawtroll, how you like the 5100 now that you've tried, is it a beefy little saw or what??

It is a really cool saw - no surprises, both power and weight is as expected, considering that it isn't run in yet. It was set at max 14200 rpm when it arrived, and will be left there for run-in.

So far the 361 beats it by some margin on accelleration, I will try to open the L screw slightly, the next time I use it.

Sadly, that will probably be a few weeks into the future, because of my injury.....:bang: :bang:

Last edited:
Awwww Manual, you know I likes you, but a comment like that coming from a nation that is ten thousand miles behind europe for environmental regulations is pretty much hurting. Both Sweden and Germany may be considered as countries where environmental laws are the toughest in the world. You americans will be in for a rude awakening if they are to be implemented sometime in the US. Also, are you willing to pay more for a saw that is environmentally friendly and performs less ? If the answer for the majority of the users is yes, Stihl will be the first to supply them, I guess..;) ;) , and Husky of course.

errrr...Mr. Begian... Europe only just adopted OPE emissions, and decided to use those of the USA... but no credits... so you guys get the shaft before us:laugh: :laugh:

here we go again

I see two possible reasons, less weight and less bulk........:blob2: :blob2:

...and if you are really nit-picky, the bar is closer to the lengthwise weight axis......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So it is balanced better Ehhhh? Niko

We dont want it to be out of balance do we??? Heaven forbid especially if we have to carry it around some!!!! Lololol,,,,,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It is a really cool saw - no surprises, both power and weight is as expected, considering that it isn't run in yet. It was set at max 14200 rpm when it arrived, and will be left there for run-in.

So far the 361 beats it by some margin on accelleration, I will try to open the L screw slightly, the next time I use it.

Sadly, that will probably be a few weeks into the future, because of my injury.....:bang: :bang:

Well glad you like that little saw. I know we all edged you on to get one and I'm glad you seem satisfied with it. Its not going to outcut that 361 but its sure a fun saw to use and cc for cc I find it one bad little machine..

Well glad you like that little saw. I know we all edged you on to get one and I'm glad you seem satisfied with it. Its not going to outcut that 361 but its sure a fun saw to use and cc for cc I find it one bad little machine..

Yep! :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:

...and with the US price tag, it can't be beat.....:rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
I think it's great that Pete is stihl trying to convince the world that the new Husky is better than the 20 year old Stihl, but the world won't listen:popcorn:

Is that Pete and his alter ego Re-Pete :bowdown:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww fighting words,LOLOL

Hey Lake you heard anything about Echo and Shindiawa in talks to team up. I heard about it this morning, you heard anything?????

Yeah, they each dumped 2mil into each others stock. Echo to help Shin with distributing and Shin to help Echo become compliant. Just another way to try and catch the best.
Notice the key word, try.:laugh:

It;s a good thing somebody is funding them cause they sure cant make it on their own.:buttkick:

Care to back your statement up with true Facts. Or do you have your cheer leading dress on ?
Husqvarna has been doing pretty well this past 300 years.

Last edited:
So it is balanced better Ehhhh? Niko

To be serious, the lenghtwise weight distribution is pretty different, so the 5100 will balance a long/heavy bar better, and the Husky a short/light one better.

The Dolmar is not perfect for anything less than a medium weight 16" bar (11t Pro-Lite) imo......:yoyo: :yoyo:

Last edited:
Back