new 365xt mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Okay so this whole chain saw hotrodding is new to me. I'm not new to 2 strokes I'm into jetskis and dirtbikes. Well My buddy works at a saw shop so he got me a brand new 2011 365xt at a great price. I'm a little confused when it comes to the old 365's vs the new one. What big bores will fit on mine Or a top end from a different saw? I'm going to do some searching but any info is great.

So it seems this is a strato saw.Will the old top end fit the new? Is the bottom end the same?

365xt is the same bottom end as the old 372xp so everything major fits

I know for a fact that you can buy a OEM 75cc XPW top end the 51.4mm piston and cylinder and they will bolt right on the saw or the 50mm either combo will fit . I am pretty sure Treeslingr has 2 50mm P&C for sale in the classifieds for a reasonable price Like $135 OEM that cheap. But anyway you can turn that saw in to any version of the 372xp that was made even the big bore P&C will fit get one from MCW on here just PM him and ask for a 372 BB kit leave the base gasket out, put Caber rings on the piston and throw the rings and C-Clips that come with any of the BB kits away those are the weak links the rings from a 460 Stihl will work They are 52mm x 1.2mm,and use the OEM C-clips. But keep in mind if you change over to the old style P&C you have to change to the old style Carb and intake tube. The guy on you tube named " The Chainsaw Guy " sells the complete OEM BB change over as a kit that's probably the way to go or buy one of the P&C off of Treeslingr and get Simonizer to port it for you won't be disappointed he is worth every penny.

The cylinder is the same as the 372 xt. I think that the 365 cylinder will work just fine with a little work. If not swapping out to the old style will have you spending around a $1k in the saw with new oem parts.

just got one of these read about a restrictor plate in it anyone removed this

took saw apart and found 2 things a baffle in the intake elbow between filter and carb and a divider in the rubber intake manifold between carb and cylinder that splits into 3 sections which do i remove as i do not have a 372 to compare to

took saw apart and found 2 things a baffle in the intake elbow between filter and carb and a divider in the rubber intake manifold between carb and cylinder that splits into 3 sections which do i remove as i do not have a 372 to compare to

Post some pics

You can put the 372xt top end on it. That's the biggest direct replacement jug you'll be able to find.

I'd open up the muffler with either cylinder - they'll both run real strong.

Since I responded with this I believe I've learned that the 365xt and 372xt jugs are the same displacement. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think I've been told.

Those dividers are what keeps it a strato if I remember right. I think what you're looking for is not in the intake.

transfer ports?

No one has said anything about the transfer ports....
Any details and steps to look out for?:chainsaw:
Any tip guys?
I want this saw to run at its full potential.

Funny thread, but yes the saws are the same, and have the same piston.
Its sorta like the 555 and the 562 having the same piston & cylinder casting,
the difference is the porting and port cover profile.
Good luck :)

Anyone know the size of the security torx bit on the transfer covers?
I don't need a whole set if I can avoid buying stuff I will never use..
Thanks in advance,
Gene:biggrinbounce2:

Anyone know the size of the security torx bit on the transfer covers?
I don't need a whole set if I can avoid buying stuff I will never use..
Thanks in advance,
Gene:biggrinbounce2:

[video=youtube_share;7Vdn_VzDYTY]http://youtu.be/7Vdn_VzDYTY[/video]

I think I watched this video before I got my saw...
It was only last march I got my 365xt.
I removed the limiters after 10min. Into the first tank. I'm now into the third tank and its too fast...I ran out of wood to cut in short order.
Gonna remove the plates in the transfers then next will be the muffler mod ....all in time for elk season in the mountains...:cheers:

I just removed the transfer covers..removed the metal fin on the cover...
So before I slap it back together, his there anything else I should touch up like the cylinder side of the transfer ports?

Latest posts

Back