new 365xt mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I watched this video before I got my saw...
It was only last march I got my 365xt.
I removed the limiters after 10min. Into the first tank. I'm now into the third tank and its too fast...I ran out of wood to cut in short order.
Gonna remove the plates in the transfers then next will be the muffler mod ....all in time for elk season in the mountains...:cheers:

When you say limiters what do you mean? I removed the plates in the transfer.

Funny thread, but yes the saws are the same, and have the same piston.
Its sorta like the 555 and the 562 having the same piston & cylinder casting,
the difference is the porting and port cover profile.
Good luck :)

It is easy to change a 365xt into a 372xpxt - but there is no easy and cheap way to make a 555 into a 560xp - they made sure of that! :msp_smile:

It is easy to change a 365xt into a 372xpxt - but there is no easy and cheap way to make a 555 into a 560xp - they made sure of that! :msp_smile:

Right... Crank stuffers are the real issue, like the 357/359
but that being said you can swap out transfer port plates from a junk 562
and reflash the carb, and run the 555 A/F, unless you had the parts to replace it w/ 562 setup.

As far as the 365 just find a junk 372 XT and rob transfer plates and tune carbs for 13.5k
and the tall A/F setup would be wise as well.

Right... Crank stuffers are the real issue, like the 357/359
but that being said you can swap out transfer port plates from a junk 562
and reflash the carb, and run the 555 A/F, unless you had the parts to replace it w/ 562 setup.

As far as the 365 just find a junk 372 XT and rob transfer plates and tune carbs for 13.5k
and the tall A/F setup would be wise as well.

done and done now time to do some porting and a muffler mod.

Latest posts

Back