New 372XP: can you suggest a builder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis Cahoon said:
Expensive....Yes! Fast.....hahahahaha! He builds worksaws....Simon doesn't know what fast is! He's never won a saw race that I know of! :cheers:

And.....don't get caught up in the BS and the saw smuggling game....and lose your saw with Headturd and jokers. :cry: Hahahahaha!
It's fast Dennis. For a saw running on gas, it's about as fast as you can go. This is not a work saw. It is not a race saw, but it will beat any 372 you have run across. Dyno's at 7.91 HP@14400 rpm.

Simon, is your dino reading low or is the saw just junk?

Heck a good muffler mod should bring a 5.4 hp saw up to 7 hp, that would indicate that your only getting about 10% for those high priced mods.

I would say I am getting an easy 7.91 hp from my 359 mod. Anyway, how do you measure hp to 1/100th of a hp with a mechanical dyno, or is that just what your hack copy of desk top dyno prints out.

Crofters 372 EHP is close to my self-modified 066 which is outcuting stock 088's and 3120's and is placing with other modified 120cc saws. No dyno requred!

A good 372 should be closer to 10 hp to be worth talking about.

timberwolf said:
Simon, is your dino reading low or is the saw just junk?

Heck a good muffler mod should bring a 5.4 hp saw up to 7 hp, that would indicate that your only getting about 10% for those high priced mods.

I would say I am getting an easy 7.91 hp from my 359 mod. Anyway, how do you measure hp to 1/100th of a hp with a mechanical dyno, or is that just what your hack copy of desk top dyno prints out.

Crofters 372 EHP is close to my self-modified 066 which is outcuting stock 088's and 3120's and is placing with other modified 120cc saws. No dyno requred!

A good 372 should be closer to 10 hp to be worth talking about.
Torsion beam dyno. It reads torque in lbs.ft. Rpm is measured by a laser tachometer with 1 rpm resolution. Stock 372's measure between 5.28 and 5.36 HP. A double ported muffler mod only, yields 5.91 HP. Enough with the hyperbole already TW.

i have to chime in on this one.. if you want another choice for a builder.. why not send it to me and get it done. i will have a bunch of saws out at Sequim WA on the 13th for everybody to see and look over. after the show if somebody wants to try my saws have at it.

i will have with me:
Stihl 026 Pro - Mild Race Port + Pipe
Stihl 036 Pro - Woods Port
Stihl 044 - Mild Race Port.
Stihl 070 - Woods Port + Pipe

no clue who built the pipe im using on the 070, but its ugly!

Simonizer said:
It's fast Dennis. For a saw running on gas, it's about as fast as you can go. This is not a work saw. It is not a race saw, but it will beat any 372 you have run across. Dyno's at 7.91 HP@14400 rpm.

Let it run my gas worksaw.

Fred

BTW I have just gotten finished with a 181. Is there anyone in Washington that will operate it at the show and not pull it down. At all.

It's a cull gas saw that I spent 2 hrs working on after I bought it from a AS member that had already milled the base.

Fred

NWCS said:
i have to chime in on this one.. if you want another choice for a builder.. why not send it to me and get it done. i will have a bunch of saws out at Sequim WA on the 13th for everybody to see and look over. after the show if somebody wants to try my saws have at it.

i will have with me:

Will yours pull a 37" bar no problem?

Simon: narrow it down a bit, will what one of them pull it?
if you mean the 372.. yep :)

all my woods port saws use the stock pistons. when pistons get changed out that goes into my mild race class.

i will clarify my statement a bit, when swapping pistons to one intended for a different model/brand it falls under my mild race category.

NWCS said:

i will have with me:

Ben, no offense, but why would anyone send you a saw to have modded? A quick stroll thru your posting history shows you asking for directions to the hole in the floor, so you can determine if in fact that's your azz. Beyond that, you are more expensive than proven sawbuilders. So in a realatively short time, you've gone from a newbie to a guru. How many saws you got out there running now, and for how long. What's your longevity record. And I'm talking about real saws, not those hacked up parts saws I've seen on ebay.

Who all is running your stuff?

OK I got a show to go to now and will need my cull saw. So maybe next time.

Fred

I've lost track of how many saws I've built, I would have to check invoices over the last few years, over 260 for sure. I modded 12 this week. 3-372's, 7-385's, 1-660, 1-460. All were pre-sold to repeat customers.

Simonizer said:
I've lost track of how many saws I've built, I would have to check invoices over the last few years, over 260 for sure. I modded 12 this week. 3-372's, 7-385's, 1-660, 1-460. All were pre-sold to repeat customers.

:popcorn:....Head Turd's got you beat Simonizer. He told Ken Dunn he did 170 in one month....Hahahahahaha!

Sounds like last week you were standing around porting cylinders.....just like any other "shop ape".....Maybe you should learn how to build a race chain....since you have a fast saw now!.....Hahahahahahaha! :buttkick:

Latest posts

Back