New 372XP for $140

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they kidding with the shipping costs

$140 for the chainsaw and $720 for shipping Lets hope that was a typo Gee you could drive cross country to pick it up

"Shipping: $720.00 Standard ShippingSee more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details"

I have a 372XP GREAT CHAINSAW

Sellers offering low purchase prices and making up the profit difference with outrageous shipping costs is nothing new on eBay. EBay used to not take a cut of the shipping, but that has either changed or is about to (there is a thread here that discusses eBay's new policy of taking a percentage of the shipping). Some of it is eBay greed, but a lot of the new policy can be blamed on sellers like the one in the link.

Another thing to beware of is Chinese copies of major brand chainsaws (many threads on this as well).

the sellers do it because if they sold the saw at its true value. they get rocked. I guess it would come out over 50 bucks in ebay fees and over 30 in paypal for one saw. Its ebay greed they should cap that amount around 20 or 30 dollars. i talked to the guy selling the saw. he said that the he can sell the saw cheaper to the buyer when they make a offer then. So ultimately the buyer can get a better price on a new saw because of the lower ebay fees by having the price built into shipping.

i think his scam is over. the listing has been pulled.

greed------what a funny word. your definition of greed is the next person's idea of profit. if someone doesn't like the costs of doing business with ebay, they are free to start their own site or sell locally. i much prefer living in a society that allows the seller to determine the cost of an item. i know that the market will ultimately set the cost if it is left alone. the alternative is to have some governmental hack doing it for me.

Back