New 572xp. Spare parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstage

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Long time lurker first post.

So I finally got mad and pulled the trigger on a Husqvarna 572xp. I've used hot knives that don't go through butter faster than this thing eats Red Oak. :p It came with a 24" bar and will be refitted with a 24".058 3/8 fwiw.

I have a ton of spares for my 455. Spare clutch cover assy, hand guard, sprocket, bar, bar nuts, fuel and air filters, spark plug, etc. But the 572 is very much a different animal.

So for those of you running the 572, what do you keep on hand? Besides the obvious (chains, files) what would you buy now if you knew you wouldn't be able to get a spare for a couple weeks and were going to use it hard?

Hopefully some more experienced folks will chime in as well (this post should serve as a bump). I’m just a homeowner that screws around with saws; my opinion is likely worth what you are paying for it. I have an extra air filter, fuel filter, chains (four total), and spark plug. The captive bar nuts help avoid loss of them, but I should have an extra sprocket on hand.

Thanks for the reply!

So, right now I’m looking at having the norms (spare chains, spark, air & fuel filter).
I do have a couple captive nuts on order. You can actually pop them out pretty easy, but in reality it’s probably not going to happen.
Spare sprocket
Spares of the little plastic chain guide that goes under the clutch cover.
Chip deflector. I can see that getting chewed up.
The E-clip that holds the sprocket on looks like an easy to loose item. It comes off smooth and holds perfectly, but anyone who works with those clips has put them into orbit at some point.
Brake band. I’ve seen these gone through and it’s a No More Saw Day event.

These are all more or less on site repair items for the Ready Kit. I’m sure items like the back handle assembly will be the first to crunch if I drop a heavy on the saw, but that’s beyond the scope of what I’m looking at right now.

Good idea. I’ll plan to have some of those items myself after seeing your list. Hopefully others will comment as well.

It's good to have the top av and rear tank av on hand. Throttle cable is a wear item too...
Another thing that can fail on these 572s is the pull cord spool. The post can rip out.

Latest posts

Back