new 575xp what do you think

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeJunkie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up a brand new husky 575xp. What are everyones opinions of this saw? Would you compare it to the stihl 440? It came w/ a 24" bar should i be running skip chain on this and maybe step it up to a 28" bar. I currently have a MS361 w/ 20" and a MS660 w/ 36" bar. Will this saw be a nice fit for somewhere in between these two?

Also should i port out the muffler as i have w/ most of my other saws?

The 575 I thought came stock with a dual port muffler. It is rated for 13600 rpms that would put it 100 above 372 but I agree these knewer saws dont seem to have the same rpms the older saws did.

yes it does have the dual port muffler.

Do you think it's better than say the ms440. I looked up specs. and it seems to be right between the 440 and the 460.

I tried a brand new one and it did not seem any faster or torquier than the 372. It had less than an hour on it so maybe it will loosen up. It is heavy though.
We won't have any 455, 570, or 575's available until at least September which probably translates to next spring

we have the 455 , 570, 575 now here in Ontario for over a month so you will see them very soon cause there are no 372's left out here from Husky, just whatever is left at some dealers is all that is left here . the 575 does have torque, it is 14 oz. heavier than a 372. But is very smooth on the hands when cutting with it. I didnot find it any more powerful than a stock 372 when compared to a stock 575 and the 372 is faster ported but when I was at Russ's last time we put a 372 coil in to the 575 , you need to do some work to get it to fit on the crankcase. We ran out of time but we did some timed cuts with it and it showed to be cutting alot better with the new coil in it and I know Russ put 2 more tanks of fuel threw it and it was turning on pretty good, so when I see him next week I will set here up and compare it with the other saws in its class.

Latest posts

Back