New 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big86inthestixx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys i got a question. I just bought a new 575xp, the new version, I am trying to find out if it has the emissions crap on it? If it does what can i do to it for mods. I am wondering b/c my 357xp with ported muffler will cut circles around my brand new 575xp. I am ready to port my 575 muffler but, i dont know if its ok.
Thanks for the feedback.

I am not sure but I believe that the 575 does have all the EPA garb on it. Not sure what you can do with that.

I was wondering though if there are any differences between it and the old one? When the new 346 came out it has a silver clutch cover. Anything like that?

Would love to see some pics and good luck with the new saw. Sorry I could not be more help.

Adam

575 problems

Doesn't seem to be any differences, its a good saw i have a buddy that has one and it ripps. But for whatever reason mine has been tuned twice by the dealer, and ive only had it for 2 weeks. They keep telling me i need to warm it up for 5-10 mins before use. every time i hit the throttle it wants to stall out. How do it tell if it is the newer version for sure?

Doesn't seem to be any differences, its a good saw i have a buddy that has one and it ripps. But for whatever reason mine has been tuned twice by the dealer, and ive only had it for 2 weeks. They keep telling me i need to warm it up for 5-10 mins before use. every time i hit the throttle it wants to stall out. How do it tell if it is the newer version for sure?

Find a different dealer. No saw in good running order needs 5 minutes of warm up, maybe the user but not the saw. It is most likely set to lean and needs to be corrected ASAP.

the 575 could be sutch an awsome saw of only it wasent a piece!!
When i was workin for asplundh i ran a few of the first ones, they reminded me of clogged up 4 strokes.
I bet with an ''old school'' carb and a good open can, it would run the 372's big brother!!
Dont know that somthing like that can be accomplished without in-depth modifications.

I just bought a new 575xp, the new version,

the new version of the 575xp..... is called the 576xp.... so if youve been sold a 575 and been told its the new version, im afraid youve been had....

576xp = 4.2kW and 6.6kg dry
575xp =4kW and 6.8kg dry

576xp shouldnt be available until the last quarter of this year

WOP have them for sale now!

well there you go.... the 576xp has arrived! you heard it here first folks...

i heard 'fall' release in the u.s (reckon i read this on AS somewhere) and never cared enough to enquire about it in the u.k.... im happy with my current 70-80cc offerings

I am wondering b/c my 357xp with ported muffler will cut circles around my brand new 575xp. I am ready to port my 575 muffler but, i dont know if its ok.
Thanks for the feedback.

give it some time to run-in. i wouldnt mess with the 575 muffler just yet.

every time i hit the throttle it wants to stall out. How do it tell if it is the newer version for sure?

check your manual if the specs match the link i posted.

sounds like the L screw is too lean. rich her up and if you have to grind the tabs off the carb, well thats your bizness, not mine.

:chainsaw:

Last edited:
my owners manual calls it a 575xp EPAII, does this help at all? my serial # is as follows, 075000088 maybe one of you saw gooroos can get more information off that. Thanks again.

my owners manual calls it a 575xp EPAII, does this help at all? my serial # is as follows, 075000088 maybe one of you saw gooroos can get more information off that. Thanks again.

if the dealer told you it is the NE and your owners manual says it weights 6.6Kg./14.5Lbs. your GTG!

:clap:

does your rear handle look like this?

attachment.php

check the weight, but yours should be a new one

apparently its not being called the 576 in the u.s, my bad...

well guys i richened it up, spun the low screw all the way up till it pegged on the stop, seems to be fixed. Starts and runs great, im going to have to try cuttin; some cherry to see if its fixed for sure. now my second question was about porting the muffler. With all the info i posted can someone tell me if it is possible to port it?
Thanks you guys are a group of saw experts. I feel safer coming to you guy with questions than going to any dealer, lest you guys gimme the truth.

its surely possible to port it out, but i cant help you with that.... i think you would be the first AS member to get a 575 new edition so its un-charted territory...

id get a few hours on the saw and break her in properly before modding anyway, let the full power develop...

good luck with the new saw

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back