New 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a 28" or bigger bar on both the 357 and the 575 then come back and give us the power details on both of them.

Most 60cc saws will hang with the 70+cc saws in little wood with 20" and smaller bars.

The 575 is a stratified saw so muffler modding it will not give the power improvements that a standard carburetor saw gets. I think a couple have tried porting them and IIRC, they didn't gain much. It's just a different animal.

Ian

well guys, i cut bout 2 chord of maple today and the saw seems to run fine, It'll start right up then for about 1 min it will to the crappy throttle response then, shell rip. But still even in the big wood 30" diameter the 357 will just hog through and the 575 will just barely pull through. If i could put a time on it the 575 is about 3/4 as fast as the 357. But like you guys say maybe she's just not run in yet.

I would take it back before modding the muffler then it will be to late. that saw should run circles around the 357 in big wood. Something is definately wrong with it from factory.

well guys, i cut bout 2 chord of maple today and the saw seems to run fine, It'll start right up then for about 1 min it will to the crappy throttle response then, shell rip. But still even in the big wood 30" diameter the 357 will just hog through and the 575 will just barely pull through. If i could put a time on it the 575 is about 3/4 as fast as the 357. But like you guys say maybe she's just not run in yet.

It sounds like you just have carb tuning issues, but wtf it's a new saw, take it back to the dealer and and have them fix it or replace it... I've ran a 575, and it was a smooth strong running saw, and it should easily out cut a stock 357.

Best of luck Andy.:cheers:

Last edited:
It sounds like you just have carb tuning issues, but wtf it's a new saw, take it back to the dealer and and have them fix it or replace it... I've ran a 575, and it was a smooth strong running saw, and it should easily out cut a stock 357.

Best of luck Andy.:cheers:

yes if i had to guess the dealer tuned the L screw too lean and the H screw too rich.

get a tach, tune the saw and it should cut much better!

576xps will be available to dealers in early september. we have a bunch on order already....scheduled delivery is the 1st according to Husq.

Early rumors of an autotune as well as more ponies and a smoother cut. I guess the auto tune isnt ready yet. husky rep told us he ran one for an hour or so and after it sat over night in the teens for temp she started first pull...that was with the autotune though so who knows...

Doesn't seem to be any differences, its a good saw i have a buddy that has one and it ripps. But for whatever reason mine has been tuned twice by the dealer, and ive only had it for 2 weeks. They keep telling me i need to warm it up for 5-10 mins before use. every time i hit the throttle it wants to stall out. How do it tell if it is the newer version for sure?

No new edition of the 575xp materialized, even though it is in the 2008 catalog.

It was renamed 576xp before it hit the market! :)

ahhh, husky being as straightforward as ever with the numbering of the 575/NE575/575autotune/576.....

That is the NE575xp, that never hit the market.............

Last edited:
Not at all - the real thing is called the 576xp in the US, ask Spike60.......

Well, a google search does turn up a 576XP, but its only listing british websites, costs a cool 693 pounds too.

The Husqvarna websites lists the 50cc version of the 346 as just a 346XP, not a NE. It lists the 575 at 5.8HP and 14 lbs and some change. Is that the same figures as the original 575xp?

Last edited:
I would bet both H and L were way lean. Try turning the H screw to the left more unless you already started to burn it up from running lean. 2 cord is a lot to cut with a saw leaned out. If it was running rich enough to rob your power that bad it would have been smoking like a mother. Good luck

Well, a google search does turn up a 576XP, but its only listing british websites, costs a cool 693 pounds too.

The Husqvarna websites lists the 50cc version of the 346 as just a 346XP, not a NE. It lists the 575 at 5.8HP and 14 lbs and some change. Is that the same figures as the original 575xp?

:censored:

Nope, but that version of the 575 never hit the market - it became the 576xp, as they changed their mind......

Latest posts

Back