New B & C - Pics Included

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LabJonsered

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just received my Baileys parcel. First time ordering from them; I love Bailey's! Got 3 chains, Woodland Pro chisel, and Oregon semi-chisel and chisel, and my 16" Carlton Tsumura Premium Sprocket Tip Mini. These bars are purrrrttttyyyy. Very happy with it, the saw looks awesome with this bar. Hope you like the pics on my Jonsered 2149 Turbo. Comments appreciated. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1140-1.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Maybe he wants to try some options, before his next order? :msp_wink:

That's it exactly, thanks SawTroll.

Would you also be able to tell me if this saw has a CAT muffler? And what is the difference between a CAT and non-CAT? How does the 2149 (it's a 2002) compare to the ever popular 346XP as far as performance goes. It is only off by 0.3 hp and has 4.4cc more than the 346XP. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

Got the saw running with this new set-up today. Certainly oils the bar well, seems to be much better than the old Oregon Pro-lite that comes stock. Going to give it a real test in some wood tomorrow with the Woodland Pro chain. First time using it, always used the Oregon before. Will post back with comparison results.

Now that is a nice looking bar.Be nice to see how it runs, although i doubt it will be available here.

That's it exactly, thanks SawTroll.

Would you also be able to tell me if this saw has a CAT muffler? And what is the difference between a CAT and non-CAT? How does the 2149 (it's a 2002) compare to the ever popular 346XP as far as performance goes. It is only off by 0.3 hp and has 4.4cc more than the 346XP. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

It has a cat if it is a 2149C, if the model number is just 2149 it doesn't.

Compared to the current 346xp, it is .7 cc less, and is rated at .6 hp less - which is a lot on saws that size. It also runs at lower rpms.

Got to use the bar and chain in wood today, cut three loads (that's komatik loads (a komatik is a wooden sled towed behind a ski-doo)). Cut the smaller wood today, didn't get into the bigger 24inch+ stuff, stayed around 6-10 inch wood. It was very smooth and easy cutting. Really liked the bar, it handled very well. I liked the extra inch that this bar has over the old laminate I had. This one also seems to be noticeably more solid and less prone to bending. It's my first pro type bar with a sprocket tip. The woodland pro chain is also really good, it cut well. Will try Oregon chain again next time to give myself a better comparison. Here are a couple of pics of me cutting in the burn woods (old forest fire area). This wood is extremely good for heating, it burns well, cleaner and hotter. Not sure if anyone else here burns this type (spruce trees). The hood and windshield of my Ski-Doo you see in one is a 2010 Expedition SE (Spring Edition) 1200cc 4-Tec. Comments are welcome, thanks.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Lots of burnt wood here on the south coast of the Island also. I haven,t cut any for firewood myself but lots of people around here use this wood for firewood. I like to stick with the large yellow birch hardwoods that grow down this way. Thats why I run a 22" B & C on my 2171 Jonsered.

It has a cat if it is a 2149C, if the model number is just 2149 it doesn't.

Compared to the current 346xp, it is .7 cc less, and is rated at .6 hp less - which is a lot on saws that size. It also runs at lower rpms.

Thanks for the info SawTroll, mine is not the CAT then.

Rod, I bet that 2171 can eat through the wood no problem. I would love to have a 2165 or 2171.

Yes for sure, I went from the 021 Stihl to the 2171. After making the first few cuts with the Jonsered I knew there would be no going back. The 021 is just used for limbing now. Here's my saws.

IMG_2255.jpg

Latest posts

Back