New brand of bar....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HuskStihl

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
But you should use the right 2-stroke oil and approved bar oil too.

baroil.jpg

GaryGoo.jpg

How'd you get Snelling's picture on that oil?

tallfarmboy

tallfarmboy

ArboristSite Guru
I don't know how to speak Taiwanese... to tell them to loose the grey paint. If your asking to remove it so we can see, I'll get that done for sure.

Google translator..
I just really like the look of a bare metal bar. With or without a logo. The premium Carlton Sprocket Tip bars are just damn sexy.

AuerX

AuerX

constantly confused
I'd like to know what kind of stress testing has been done to these new bars and if there is documentation of that.

Obviously with bars and chains things can go south in a hurry should something break when it is not supposed to.

Eric

Zombiechopper

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't know how to speak Taiwanese... to tell them to loose the grey paint. If your asking to remove it so we can see, I'll get that done for sure.

Troll,
Taiwan. Maybe we call it the a Tystik?

definitely strip the paint and check that the rails are hardened. This will also let you see how many tack welds are holding the laminated layers together. Or just run it and see how long it takes to raise a burr. You will be able to feel if it's soft when you dress it with a file.

Same steel as oregon is not a great selling point!

gunnusmc03

gunnusmc03

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'd like to know what kind of stress testing has been done to these new bars and if there is documentation of that.

Obviously with bars and chains things can go south in a hurry should something break when it is not supposed to.

Eric

Even if those numbers were available what are you going to compare them too? Without a baseline those numbers are meaningless. Are you privy to Stihl's testing info for comparison?

boxygen

boxygen

ArboristSite Guru
definitely strip the paint and check that the rails are hardened. This will also let you see how many tack welds are holding the laminated layers together. Or just run it and see how long it takes to raise a burr. You will be able to feel if it's soft when you dress it with a file.

Same steel as oregon is not a great selling point!

If you strip it, it would be a strip bar.
I did that to one of my old 16" bars last weekend and polished it with some mag/al polish I had. It looks pretty awesome on the 268xp.

AuerX

AuerX

constantly confused
Even if those numbers were available what are you going to compare them too? Without a baseline those numbers are meaningless. Are you privy to Stihl's testing info for comparison?

At this stage I would not compare them to anything. I asked as I am curious if any had been done at all.

I'm aware of the concept of meaningful comparisons.

Thanks

Eric

Latest posts