New build, what chimney is best?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Pole framed garage, have a concrete pad outside that will support a masonry chimney.

Want to install a woodstove with 6" flue for occasional heat in the workshop.

What to do for outdoor chimney, masonry, stainless insulated, stainless liner in masonry?

Pole framed garage, have a concrete pad outside that will support a masonry chimney.

Want to install a woodstove with 6" flue for occasional heat in the workshop.

What to do for outdoor chimney, masonry, stainless insulated, stainless liner in masonry?

The cheapest, easiest to install, and by far the easiest to maintain ( fewer and easier cleanings) would be an insulated stainless chimney.

Phil

hmmmmmmm.........

me? i've considered chimney block without clay liner.
then have my nearest metal supply (mine specializes in chicken-house equipment) bend me up some 9 foot lengths of stainless snaplock pipe (they said they'd weld the long seams for way more money).
then either pour-in chimney insulation or liner wrap.

or you could do like a guy i read about on here....
he dropped some 6" schedule 40(?) steel pipe down a masonry chimney and welded the seams as it went in.
just try and burn that one through! :chainsaw:

though, my shop is just single wall stovepipe through a thimble. (so, what?)

For the past twenty five years its been insulated stainless for me. I heard it don't like the taste of coal is the only drawback I've found. Not to say that I haven't done a few years of straight coal on it.

Back