New Butterfly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree magic

Hi all
So as to reduce the amount of speculation regarding the edelrid harness I feel a necessity to post here. I have had a prototype of TREE MAGIC for six weeks now & sure enough it is special.

(Firstly I will be selling this harness in the UK but please don't take this as a sales pitch, these comments are purely my feeling about this product. All major credit cards accepted!!!)

There are many great harnesses on the market but for the style in which my harness is set up many don't fit the bill for me. As far as TREE MAGIC is concerned it is the first harness to really make the top grade for me.

When the Komet Butterfly came out it was almost revolutionary but time soon showed that it had many pitfalls, but because it was the only worthy harness in its class it really stood above the others. It quite rightly became an acclaimed belt, even though it needed updating. Nathan is right in saying that the mkII is a bit of a let down, with such a good base from which to work I feel Komet have not done what they could have to make ground breaking modifications, but I guess there could always be a mkIII!

TREE MAGIC has adjustment of bridge length & height position which makes it possible to 'customize ' it to fit many body types & climber styles. Wide leg loops give you support without cutting off blood supply & it wears very comfortably. The subtleties of this harness I can't go into because it would be a one way discussion & that's pointless. So we can all wait with bated breath for the market to bring it on. But as with everything for some it will be without doubt TREE MAGIC & for others it won't.

Nod

PS Whoever said about the Tree Austria mkII, this is also correct & it is better than mkI but for that we'll all have to wait!!
:blob2: :angel: :blob2:

so nod, u say you'll be selling this harness, which supply company are you??

Hi Steve

In between contracting I'm sourcing & buying in stock at present. It's alot of work collating all the necessary info. to produce a worthwhile web site which will also be the products catelogue & active news stop for things happening in Euroland.

I'm hoping that treeworker.co.uk will be fully functional by the time of the APF show in late September. That said I have no desparation as deadlines are only a guide, there are always determining factors that have their own say, so fingers crossed.

I have been selling small amounts of equipment, mainly rope & ART products, custom splicing & such for a few years anyway so it is just a development of that really. But when you have a finger on the pulse interesting bits of gear drop onto the door mat from time to time, attached to a note saying 'Check this out!'. It's interesting & fun playing with new bits & bobs, at least you get a good feel for which bin to throw the waste in!

Check out TreeClimbersForum at the APF, there's always shed loads to play with.
Seeya
Nod

sounds good.
i think im going to go to the APF on my own.
a whole bunch of us went to the AA show, so didn't get to spend as much time looking round at stuff as i'd like.

Back