New Chainsaw - Husky or ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy,
Let us know what you deside on.....
I wouldn't go with the 2149 eather if you want to have just one saw.....
2159 maybe and it likes mods........

I say just get the 372 and be done with it. I put a modified muffler on the one I have and I did notice a significant increse in cutting speed. The 372 will do almost anything you need it to do. Thats just my opinion, for what little it is worth.

Rob

Prices from Bailieys X-Mass Sale Catalog. Shipping not included.

Husky 359, 59cc $449.95, 20" bar and (2) Oregon 72LG chains

Husky 365 65cc $469.95, power head only

Husky 372 xp 71cc $519.95, power head only

Bailey's Saw 51cc $279.95,Model B51 51cc, 20"bar amd chain
(a Solo saw)

Poulan Pro 380 60cc $299.95 w/ 20" bar and chain

Hope this helps

I think you would be happy with a 359 Husky / 2159 Jonsered with a 20 inch bar. Over a lb lighter than the 363/372 chassis. Weight is everything if you are doing much work. Another good possibility would be the 962 Efco / CS62 John Deere at about the same weight as above.

If you don't mind .325 chain, the 956 Efco / CS56 John Deere would be excellent.

I don't know much about the Stihls except they are a little heavier, higher priced, and harder to work on model for model. ( I had to get a little bias in there)

357xp an 372xp are both outstanding saws, modified or not. The 357 weighs a couple of pounds less I think. Both will spin a 20" chain and the 372, I believe, will spin a 24-28" chain easily. The 372xp will be more suited on the upper end, ie ,anything over 32" diameter or so. I've used my 357 here at home for everthing up to that. Just depends on what your doing dude...y'all be careful

You mentioned trading in your Homelites. I personally would not do that. From what I have seen most dealers do not want them. You could do better putting them on ebay. An even better idea is take a pic of them put a price on them and then email me. I am always looking for Homelite saws.

Bill
[email protected]

the 372 is a marvel. lets just leave that stand - the maintenance is super easy and the power is good. Now the 357 is a lighter saw but ONLY BY 1#!!!! the 372 has 1 more hp which at this level is like 20% more power....what ever suits you best is the one to get, but nothing beats cubic inches....

Tony,

Other than a money issue why the heck would anyone want to buy a 359 as opposed to a 357? or a 372 for that matter, just curious about the logic there.

Back