New chainsaw storage area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Well last year some of you might remember me losing my chainsaw storage area to 100mph winds.
Well the 1880's barn is gone and the new 2007 one is almost done.
Wonder if I can fit all the new saws in the smaller barn. ;)
BarnRaising016.jpg

BarnRaising020.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

Sad to see a timber framed structure fade into history, but when mother nature decides she wants it, there's not much room for discussion. :(

Very nice

Thats a nice looking barn. What size is it? What are you using for siding> Metal or wood> ?

Looking good !!

PS. what happened to those nice cars inside the barn ????:popcorn: :popcorn:

Look real close at the 2nd pic of the rear of the new barn, you can make out 2 of the 3.

Only went 32x48, Metal, clay side with hunter green roof and trim and gutters and a hunter green waynes coat on bottom 3' and 3 hunter green Haas 9x8 over heads and 1 entry with 10' ceiling with a floored storage area for we know what.:bowdown: and i about **** when I got the concrete quotes, That stuff has almost doubled since 2004 when we did my brothers place.
I did learn one thing from my brothers place during build. I am having the Amish build mine and they said it will be done in 3-4 days, work above was one day . :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
nice barn,keep posting pics so we can follow the progress:)

Those pics sure tell a story.......:)

..and i keep hearing good things about the Amish, but also some "funny" remarks like "Amish muffler mods" - what's the real deal with them??????

Last edited:
One Day!!!

Freaking amazing. Your right about concrete its over 100 dollars a yard here.

Around here....

Those pics sure tell a story.......:)

..and i keep hearing good things about the Amish, but also some "funny" remarks like "Amish muffler mods" - what's the real deal with them??????

....the Amish are great. They have high level of ethics, (very religious and traditional) so you get a whole lot of work out of them for a very honest price. Their quality is typically top notch. Amish made furniture is incredible. I don't get the muffler mod joke. When speaking of hacks, the last group of people that would come to mind, would be the Amish.

....the Amish are great. They have high level of ethics, (very religious and traditional) so you get a whole lot of work out of them for a very honest price. Their quality is typically top notch. Amish made furniture is incredible. I don't get the muffler mod joke. When speaking of hacks, the last group of people that would come to mind, would be the Amish.

Looks like they are very good to deal with then, unless they are trying to impress their religion on others.......:greenchainsaw:

. . . . . . unless they are trying to impress their religion on others.......:greenchainsaw:

No not at all. Quite the opposite really. The strictest of them stay very much to themselves, but are extremely close-knit amongst their own. If one of the families were to loose a barn to lightning or something, the entire Amish community comes together to put up a new barn. It's an incredible thing that gets my respect, though, I doubt I could live the their lifestyle, as they impose pretty strict rules upon themselves.

Nope they dont do that ST. Amish info link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

The guys that are doing the barn look to be 18-25 and there is 5 of them. Try and get that kind of work out of our todays youth. :hmm3grin2orange:

Copyofcarsandbarn012.jpg

Copyofcarsandbarn003.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing was watching them use this little echo 3000 trimming some of the wood up.

Then I showed them a few saws and a race chain. They were just drooling and smiling over the chain and want to run the saws before they leave and try the axe throw. Do i see a new Amish lumberjack event in the future.

They said they were wondering why I had logs on stands and chunks of wood up on the tri-pod stands for axe throwing.

Dayuuuuuum, I like those cars a lot more than the barn. It just ain't right that you have 3 of those and me none ...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Dayuuuuuum, I like those cars a lot more than the barn. It just ain't right that you have 3 of those and me none ...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I dont know if you know how much those cars go for, but you sure could buy tons of saws for just one of them. :hmm3grin2orange:

Thats what has been going through my brain over and over since I am sorta out of the car stuff.
The 65 chevelle convt was my 80's project, the 69 camaro was my 90's project, and the 66 impala convt was the start of my 2000's project.
Now I have to start all over. or just keep buying saws and give them to my kid to worry about, so far he wants the 69.

I dont know if you know how much those cars go for, but you sure could buy tons of saws for just one of them. :hmm3grin2orange:

Thats what has been going through my brain over and over since I am sorta out of the car stuff.
The 65 chevelle convt was my 80's project, the 69 camaro was my 90's project, and the 66 impala convt was the start of my 2000's project.
Now I have to start all over. or just keep buying saws and give them to my kid to worry about, so far he wants the 69.

A lot more if they were #'s matching Big blocks...

A lot more if they were #'s matching Big blocks...

you realize there is only one B.B. 65 chevelle convt dont you. ;) and yes I do indeed know that BB are money in hand #'s matching. But mine are all #'s matching small blocks. I have the motors mine came with down the line when new.
I was into big blocks at one time and sold all them off and switched to small blocks for the ease of finding correct parts.
I even have the only used in 69 first 4 months 327 base motor for the camaro
that came in it new sitting back, didnt want to hurt the #'s motor on a bracket racing motor build.

I think only 201-211 BB 65 chevelle HT's at that too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back