New Chip Truck: What to Buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to Buy

• Used Penske Truck (inexpensive, 100k miles?)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • New Ford F-650 (warranty, quality?)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • New Chevy 6500 (warranty, service?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New GMC 6500 (warranty, service?)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • New Sterling/International/Mack/Kenworth/Freightliner

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mb,
do google search for "only fools and horses"

mange tout mange tout
bonjour

blue ,what 5 gt did ya have, i had the raider, one of the last ones !
de carbon uprated shocks ,super chip and koni exhaust and bigger dump valve the little french flyer i used to call her till some oink nicked it . alaways fancied getting the prima racing 1700 engine for it :( ah well

Looking like a new Ford F-650 will a Cat diesel and Allison automatic. I'll keep you posted. (I was hoping for another new International :( )

Not big on the sissy-sticks, but you definitely made a great choice with the Cat; those power-chokes just don't cut it.

Originally posted by Nickrosis
Looking like a new Ford F-650 will a Cat diesel and Allison automatic. I'll keep you posted. (I was hoping for another new International :( )
So it is...made the down payment today. Hopefully it will be here in December.

re: Chip truck

Hi everyone. Love this site. I am building (or getting built) a big truck. It will be a unconventional chip truck. I purchased a C8500. Its a cheverolet (only in body) has twin screw dual tandem 53,000 gvw. Yes, you will need a class B cdl, however I am looking toward the future. I have a rollover tarp to catch the chips and left a space of about 3' to the cab for a loader when funds become available. The length of the box is 18'x8'x7'. The point is: plan the future for the purchases of today. You can't catch big fish with little bait. I will keep you posted if it is a success or bust :)

Re: Re: re: Chip truck

17508.gif

Back