new climbing line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJohn

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I been using wire core clothes line, this stuff is great. I cant cut throught it. sure it has a bit of memory perhaps more than I. Of course I had to change out prussic now I am using the laces from my old boots.

BigJohn said:
I been using wire core clothes line, this stuff is great. I cant cut throught it. sure it has a bit of memory perhaps more than I. Of course I had to change out prussic now I am using the laces from my old boots.

Hey,

I think you have something there, boy I bet the Kong will work great on this stuff. I think the moderatore here all oughta do this for their big climbs in the internet world.

Thank again for the great input,
Jack

With this cord that only hitch that works is the tautline hitch. It wont bind up ever. Man I love this stuff.

A muffler? You mean tree guys drive truck with mufflers in nice nieghborhoods? Oh, well I'm always learning here at AS.
Jack

PS: it must be the moderators influence on us.

we had truck where I work that the muffler would get blown off from backfires. We are moveing up and dont have any of those anymore.

BigJohn said:
we had truck where I work that the muffler would get blown off from backfires. We are moveing up and dont have any of those anymore.

You mean you don't use trucks anymore, ..., you've gone back to station wagons? Boy I bet your boss likes the lower overhead.

Jack

actually he just sold the station wagon, we use are think of horses

BigJohn said:
actually he just sold the station wagon, we use are think of horses

You know that is truley tree consciousness. I t reminds me of spending the day with Guy and his making me touch a lot of bacterial stuff in an a sick maple. Hey, I wont get any funny rashes will I? Is my family safe from my of desease from the most intelligent life form on this planet. It is isn't it. They were here before use and know more. ( I really think so)

Jack

I use Arbor Master for the reasons; it does not need any break in, it is 85000 ternsil, ) whats a few nicks), it smeems better in my hand. Although I got out an old hi-ve and it felt very nice. Of course it was old and had much service.

John LOVES the Blaze and is great with it. He climbs at the cutting edge with great skill and unusual talent.

Maybe someday soon I'll move to Blaze.

Jack

What's wrong with the poly three strand at home depot? It's rated at 600#. I only weigh 195 so I have better than a 3:1 safety factor. It's really easy to find cuz it's yellow, it's really affordable and it doesn't absorb water. It's also extra stretchy to make my landings softer when I'm pruning and my gaffs cut out.

xander9727 said:
What's wrong with the poly three strand at home depot? It's rated at 600#. I only weigh 195 so I have better than a 3:1 safety factor. It's really easy to find cuz it's yellow, it's really affordable and it doesn't absorb water. It's also extra stretchy to make my landings softer when I'm pruning and my gaffs cut out.
:p Sounds good to me.
Jack

Latest posts

Back