New DHT 22 Ton owner!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: Ran the DHT22T all day long Sunday, and I gotta' say I love this thing. Goes a LONG time on a tank of gasoline. I've pretty much stopped using vertical mode all together as I can roll pretty big pieces up my ramp on to the wire side shelf, then no need to bend over and hold them in place on the splitter. Occasionally they don't break all the way in two, so I just rotate the round a bit and chunk off a third or so, placing the big piece on the shelf for the time being.

UPDATE: Ran the DHT22T all day long Sunday, and I gotta' say I love this thing. Goes a LONG time on a tank of gasoline. I've pretty much stopped using vertical mode all together as I can roll pretty big pieces up my ramp on to the wire side shelf, then no need to bend over and hold them in place on the splitter. Occasionally they don't break all the way in two, so I just rotate the round a bit and chunk off a third or so, placing the big piece on the shelf for the time being.
I have had my 22 ton dht for a year now and I am very happy with it. I added a table and lift. Great value splitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had mine for two weeks now. Split over 2 cords of wood with it so far. I added the DHT log table (the one that comes with the 27 ton splitter) after splitting the 1st cord. The table is a nice accessory. I also fabricated and mounted some protection for the hyd. return filter located low on the RH side of the splitter, out of some scrap 1"x 2" square steel tube that I had.

You're going to like it. The only negative I've experienced is not in the splitter itself, but in the Kohler engine. Not a huge deal, but if you don't turn the fuel off every time you use it, it will tend to "make oil". When I'm done for the day, I just cut the fuel off until it dies, then turn off the switch instead of just hitting the switch. Then I turn it back on next time I use it. Probably a good idea on all engines, but I used to only do it at the end of the season for my riding mower. I have since started to shut it down the same way.

As far as protecting the engine, I drilled 4 half inch holes at the end of the table closest to the engine, and installed bolts. I haven't had any vibrate off onto the engine since that modification.

You're going to like it. The only negative I've experienced is not in the splitter itself, but in the Kohler engine. Not a huge deal, but if you don't turn the fuel off every time you use it, it will tend to "make oil". When I'm done for the day, I just cut the fuel off until it dies, then turn off the switch instead of just hitting the switch. Then I turn it back on next time I use it. Probably a good idea on all engines, but I used to only do it at the end of the season for my riding mower. I have since started to shut it down the same way.

As far as protecting the engine, I drilled 4 half inch holes at the end of the table closest to the engine, and installed bolts. I haven't had any vibrate off onto the engine since that modification.

I appreciate the advice, I usually shut the gasoline petcock off when equipment has one, my old dirtbike habit.

Back