New Echo cs 3510 Anyone own one yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Makita 3500 and it's been a excellent saw. I've been thinking of picking another small saw and was looking at the Echo 3510. When comparing the Echo to the Makita what stands out the most. Overall quality or performance?
Are either of them a mag case?
The Echo is Japanese and the Makita is Chinese.

I have the Makita 3500 and it's been a excellent saw. I've been thinking of picking another small saw and was looking at the Echo 3510. When comparing the Echo to the Makita what stands out the most. Overall quality or performance?
Quality. Neither are awful, but the Makita has a much better fit and finish as well as a much nicer feel vs the 3510. Not putting the 3510 down in any way, if Echo is closer to you, then get the Echo and vice versa

Decent power, light, and the internals aren’t bad, but feels somewhat cheap on the outside compared to the 352. Not the worst in its class, but nowhere near as good as the 3601 makita
I agree but for what i paid and having a worn out ms180c this is a pretty good backup

Did anyone have trouble getting theirs running right out of the box? I just bought one for Christmas and it started instantly but would die when the throttle was pressed. I had to pop the limiters off and adjust it just to get it running. I also noticed that compared to my 620p the low speed jet has a very narrow window of adjustment for good throttle response and not dying. Just a touch too rich it will die out and a touch too lean it will die out. I feel like its right on max rpm for idle to run instead of just on the rich side of max idle rpm.

Just got a 3510. It was mis-assembled out of the box. After loosening the rear handle and repositioning it all was good. It has cut like a beast for the first three tanks. But now it wants to die after pulling it out of the cut. Will try adjusting the carb, Overall i am very happy with it. I like a light saw even if it is a little slower.

I love the 3510. For me it has a great balance of weight, power, and price. I was just surprised it wouldn't even run. I am by no means a tuning expert. Thankfully I learned enough from online forums and YouTube I had it running in a few minutes. I'm still a little suspect of the low speed adjustment. If I turn it either direction from where I have it right now it will load up and eventually die (rich) or bog and die (lean). I need to take it out to the woods and give it a workout and see if it makes a difference.

Did anyone have trouble getting theirs running right out of the box? I just bought one for Christmas and it started instantly but would die when the throttle was pressed. I had to pop the limiters off and adjust it just to get it running. I also noticed that compared to my 620p the low speed jet has a very narrow window of adjustment for good throttle response and not dying. Just a touch too rich it will die out and a touch too lean it will die out. I feel like its right on max rpm for idle to run instead of just on the rich side of max idle rpm.
I haven't ran into any issues like that. I have realized it likes a higher idle speed. I suggest getting her broke in real good and see where it ends up. Mine starts in no more than 3 pulls now and runs amazingly and only 3 tanks in after break-in

It starts right up where it's set at now - even warm. And I definitely noticed it preferred a higher idle. I can't wait to get it out for a proper break in.
There awesome saws. Real fast reving and possibly good engine mod candidates.

Used mine several times. Seems to have a lot of grunt for such a small saw. Dealer gave me a non safety chain and that helps I'm sure. Nice and light.

I just placed an order for a Stihl 63PS chain today. I need to borrow a Dremel from a coworker so I can open up the muffler. I was hoping to have all this done before the coming weekend but looks like I'll be taking it out as is. There's a massive amount of downed trees in Land Between the Lakes from the recent tornado. A couple of buddies and I ride a lot of the trails out there so we like to go out and do some trail clearing every so often. The tornado left an overwhelming amount of damage to the forest. Perfect place to break in my new saw.

Curious if it better then the cs352 or about the same.... looks like the price is 259 so thats the same....
I own both saws and love the 352. I think the 3510 is the worst saw ever built by Echo. Don't be fooled by the "...powerful saw in a lighter case." It's just cheap and weak if you can get it to start.

I own both saws and love the 352. I think the 3510 is the worst saw ever built by Echo. Don't be fooled by the "...powerful saw in a lighter case." It's just cheap and weak if you can get it to start.
Tennessee or Kentucky area? I’d happily take it off your hands.

I think that's the first negative comment I've heard about them. What kinds of problems are you having starting it? Just curious because I had thought about getting one at some point.

I think that's the first negative comment I've heard about them. What kinds of problems are you having starting it? Just curious because I had thought about getting one at some point.

Flooding seems to be a quirk of Echo. Both my Echo CS-310 and CS-3510 are prone to flooding when starting them. The starting rope on the CS-3510 is easier to pull than the rope on the CS-310. Was able to fatten the mixture on the CS-3510 to a satisfactory level of richness without removing the limiter caps.

Flooding seems to be a quirk of Echo. Both my Echo CS-310 and CS-3510 are prone to flooding when starting them. The starting rope on the CS-3510 is easier to pull than the rope on the CS-310. Was able to fatten the mixture on the CS-3510 to a satisfactory level of richness without removing the limiter caps.

I have a cs352, it always starts right up. It's a bit cold natured after I took the cat out of the muffler.

my 3510 is one of my favorite saw, seems to have more power than a little low cost saw should have. And I can carry it around in the woods easily cuz of the weight. I put a 14" on mine, cuz I figure I'm unlikely to use that saw if the wood is over 14".

I’ll be packing mine to help a buddy out tomorrow with some downed oak. I’m not on a time clock so I do what I can with the 3510 and the rest with my 620.

Back