New Echo CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no need to split the muffler its easier if you take it off the saw the screws are easier to get to just take the deflector off and pull the tube out i cut the deflector top and bottom towards the front off the muffler and bent the tab back i left the screen out your preference it runs much better now that was the most plugged up exhaust i have ever seen. i pulled the limiters and retuned its like a different saw now i also changed the rim to 3/8 and it pull an 18 inch bar very good now much better throttle response.
bigredd i am running a total bar husqvarna mount on mine it oils great my local stihl dealer made up some chain because echo has a different link count than husqvarna now i can run the same bars and chains on my 590 and 490 hope this helps.

So that tube will come loose from the rectangular flange or did you cut the tube away from the flange?

it's just setting under the deflector it holds it in the muffler not welded or attached you can just pull the tube out and retune.

I don't remember there being much restriction in the muffler, other than that restrictive insert behind the screen.

I meant the small openings on the deflector I should have specified but on the other hand it was very quiet stock most will like that It just runs and sounds much better to me now after opening it up a little.

Latest posts

Back