New Echo Pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing pro about it is that it does the job it's supposed to do, unlike many Stihl's and nearly all Husqvarnas. It starts and gets the job done.
Don’t take my comment in the wrong context. I’ma big fan of Echo and of the 590. It was more tongue-in-cheek considering that it’s “us” that puts it into that class based on its crank case, which is superior, and not Echo. They market it as mid grade and sell it for considerably less than the ms311/391 or 460 Rancher, when it is every bit as good, if not much better.

Don’t take my comment in the wrong context. I’ma big fan of Echo and of the 590. It was more tongue-in-cheek considering that it’s “us” that puts it into that class based on its crank case, which is superior, and not Echo. They market it as mid grade and sell it for considerably less than the ms311/391 or 460 Rancher, when it is every bit as good, if not much better.
Yeah, my response was a bit tongue and cheek as well.

Ok then maybe I’m wrong about that. But I’ve ran the 590 and know it runs a spur.
Not sure. I’ve also heard from other sources that the 4910 came with a spur, so ??.
As far as I can tell, it has a plastic handle instead of aluminum, but I don’t know for certain if there are more differences in the 501 or not

Not sure. I’ve also heard from other sources that the 4910 came with a spur, so ??.
As far as I can tell, it has a plastic handle instead of aluminum, but I don’t know for certain if there are more differences in the 501 or not
Not sure either. Bit of trivia… you’ll notice that saw is a bit of an oddball in the Echo lineup as far as looks go…I’ve heard that it is because since the Shindaiwa merger thing, it’s the one saw that is of pure Shindaiwa “DNA”. Just hearsay but there’s got to be something to it. It’s got a different look.

Not sure either. Bit of trivia… you’ll notice that saw is a bit of an oddball in the Echo lineup as far as looks go…I’ve heard that it is because since the Shindaiwa merger thing, it’s the one saw that is of pure Shindaiwa “DNA”. Just hearsay but there’s got to be something to it. It’s got a different look.
I figured it was an xx10 thing. It’s similar to the 7310 look

What do you guys think is the best 40-60cc echo saw is? Ive been searching craigslist and facebook looking for a deal. I don't need the saw just want to try one. From what I'm reading the 590 is the safe bet but I am ok with a smaller saw as well.

What do you guys think is the best 40-60cc echo saw is? Ive been searching craigslist and facebook looking for a deal. I don't need the saw just want to try one. From what I'm reading the 590 is the safe bet but I am ok with a smaller saw as well.
In that Range, the 620p is the best. I like the 680 more but it’sa slightly bigger, stronger saw with longer bars but it’s heavy and not for everyone. For 40cc the cs400 is a great saw.

Whats up with the 501? I think I want a 50ish cc saw but the 590 seems to get such good reviews. The 620 is interesting but more expensive and probably won't find a deal on one of those.

Latest posts

Back