New Echo Pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auto return is another handy feature. Hopefully you see where I’m going it just seems the new features are nice and echo is a little behind the times imo.

I leave the toggle switch ON all the time except at the moment I want to kill the engine. Then I just toggle it from ON to OFF, then return it to ON. Manual auto return... easy enough to do.

Has anyone tried porting a 7310 yet?
Check out Charles Brisco on YouTube. With porting he can make the 7310 scream.

If you see what he can get out of the Echo 4910 or 500p you may not want a bigger, heavier more expensive chainsaw. I didn't. Once I saw what he was doing with those saws I traded off my Stihl 390 and bought the 4910 and sent it to Charles. It's now more powerful, faster and 4 lbs. lighter than the 390.

I started logging with my buddy a few years ago who has two nice pro Stihls (I do not know model numbers - they are heavy, $1000 saws) and my Husky 445 was about half as fast through the big stuff. It seemed fast enough when I was working by myself, but I learned I was wasting lots of time!

I priced-out larger Huskys and Stihls and I couldn't justify that money. I cut 10 cords a year. I love my tiny CS-310 echo (30 yrs?) and so I looked at echo options. People seemed to like the CS-590 "Timberwolf" (except for newbie flooding problems) and I knew it would have enough torque to get me to that faster bucking speed, so I went shopping.

Home Depot sells the 590 (no bigger echo), so I waited for a sale and signed up for their credit card. The CS-590 cost me $310! In my opinion, that's real great value - it would be even at MSRP. It runs great and can keep up with saws 3x the price. Mine sounds a bit tinny or buzzy, but it cuts fast and feels solid and safe in the hand.

I like the echo on/off switch but the plastic choke stick seems fragile. I prefer the Husky switch best - kill with spring-back to "on" position and I don't care for the flimsy Stihl switch where you have to hold the throttle to set the choke. I wish big saws had fuel primer bulbs - this Echo and the larger Stihls I have used do not have the pump ball.

I use my pole saw on the Autumn olive so I don't have to get too close to it.
I use a three saw system, pole saw, cs490, cs620P.
The pole saw is an M18 and can do quite a bit with the 8AH battery.
Good for trail clearing and the berry and other thorn bushes too.
I also have a Sithl Fs-110 with handlebars and a blade to take out the thinner stuff on the trails and clear new areas with only thinner ground cover (up to 2")
I use my Stihl gas pole saw as well, sometimes it is easier to get in there with light top handle. we all have different methods.

One item no one's brought up: Got an Echo 501 a while back. One day, ran some fishing line into the bar. Ended up buying new bar from dealer. Less than 2 tanks of gas later, bar sprocket siezed up. Went to get part number from Echo website and saw there were 2 reviews. Both had same issue I had: bar siezed up while nearly new. So I ordered an Oregon bar instead. So far so good. Anyone else have problems with Echo bars?
I like the saw. Maybe not quite as much grunt as the Husky 346xp or J'red 2153, but lighter weight. I like it.

I here ya but they call it a pro not arguing that, but it could use more features if they want to call it a pro. I know it sounds like I’m hating on them which I’m not I had a 7310 and knew he had a 572. Was just letting him know he wouldn’t like it vs his 572 in the original question the o p asked. I quickly sold my 7310 once I got my 572’s. There prices are very nice but I do prefer the 572 vs 7310
I thought a Pro saw =s more Metal more strength for continues hard work , no plastic crankcases or other plastic gimmicks like tool less chain adjustment . Name a saw a Farm Boss or a Rancher built on plastic and ya can call it a semi pro saw and charge more coin . Have never thought of a chainsaw tool being any sought of status symbol at all .

I thought a Pro saw =s more Metal more strength for continues hard work , no plastic crankcases or other plastic gimmicks like tool less chain adjustment . Name a saw a Farm Boss or a Rancher built on plastic and ya can call it a semi pro saw and charge more coin . Have never thought of a chainsaw tool being any sought of status symbol at all .
Pro saws produce more power in the same cc also.

The current Farm Boss is a plastic ms271. There’s really nothing farm or ranch about it, just a plastic mid-level homeowner saw

Like those! Would the 600p be the model directly above the 590?
The 600P is no longer made but yes, it’s one step above the 590. Only difference I can see between the two is 600 has rim sprocket and 590 is spur. Not sure of anything else. You have to upgrade to the 620 mag clutch cover if you wanna run the WCS felling spikes FYI. There’s also a little spacer piece you’ll need from the 620 to take the place of the chain catcher on the 590.

The 600P is no longer made but yes, it’s one step above the 590. Only difference I can see between the two is 600 has rim sprocket and 590 is spur. Not sure of anything else. You have to upgrade to the 620 mag clutch cover if you wanna run the WCS felling spikes FYI. There’s also a little spacer piece you’ll need from the 620 to take the place of the chain catcher on the 590.
Got it, I’ve actually run a family members 590 in the past, but only for a few minutes, not long enough to tell much about it. At a glance the echo saws look decent, not as sharp as husky orange, but seem like fairly well built saws, I’ve heard good things about the engines in terms of reliability, but just wanted owners to chime in as far as how they’ve held up over the years

One item no one's brought up: Got an Echo 501 a while back. One day, ran some fishing line into the bar. Ended up buying new bar from dealer. Less than 2 tanks of gas later, bar sprocket siezed up. Went to get part number from Echo website and saw there were 2 reviews. Both had same issue I had: bar siezed up while nearly new. So I ordered an Oregon bar instead. So far so good. Anyone else have problems with Echo bars?
I like the saw. Maybe not quite as much grunt as the Husky 346xp or J'red 2153, but lighter weight. I like it.
Aren't most stock Echo bars rebadged Oregon? I know 355, 361P and I think 2511 are.

A lot of huskys are except the new light bars they are made by sugi hara. So it wouldn’t surprise me if they were.
I’ve got a 32” X-Tough Husqy bar. It’s made in Canada but doesn’t look like any Oregon bar I’ve seen. Doesn’t look Like a Sugi either.

Got it, I’ve actually run a family members 590 in the past, but only for a few minutes, not long enough to tell much about it. At a glance the echo saws look decent, not as sharp as husky orange, but seem like fairly well built saws, I’ve heard good things about the engines in terms of reliability, but just wanted owners to chime in as far as how they’ve held up over the years
Echo makes excellent saws. Not often as Refined as Husqy and Stihl but reliable workhorses.

Latest posts

Back