New England Climbers (or northeast U.S.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trees and saws

Central Mass is good for me too. I'll bring along a friend who's new to the rec. climbing scene as well.

The next day (May 13th) is a chainsaw get-together out near Albany, so it should be a good weekend! (as long as the weather cooperates).

Edit- Chainsaw GTG probably being moved to May 20th.

Last edited:
Rec Climb - White Oakv

Hey All, our thread leader has proposed a NE climb... I'm willing to host. I know of a great big old white oak in 'The Quabbin' that would be a blast.

There's a bit of hoofing (1 mile on a paved road) but I think well worth the hike in.

Those interested contact Greg or myself - Saturday, May 12th. It'll give a couple of the NE/CT climbers to freshen up on some skills!

Ciao for now.

Melissa (aka: treebeach)

Hey All, our thread leader has proposed a NE climb... I'm willing to host. I know of a great big old white oak in 'The Quabbin' that would be a blast.

There's a bit of hoofing (1 mile on a paved road) but I think well worth the hike in.

Those interested contact Greg or myself - Saturday, May 12th. It'll give a couple of the NE/CT climbers to freshen up on some skills!

Ciao for now.

Melissa (aka: treebeach)

Hey Melissa, nice to hear from you! Can the site handle this many climbers?

Invite yourself

You live in the country now Jr this should be an easy trip for you. Call the fatman and get it going.

All those who are interested should PM Melissa or myself for details, we need to start getting a head count.

some details

So far I have 13 people who say they are coming and 4 who aren't sure, but would like to. We'll have to cut it off at around 20.

More details:
It is about a mile from the parking area to the climbing site. If you have a bike, and would prefer to ride, bring it.

Bring your own lunch/snacks/water

Climb at your own risk

PPE including eye protection and climbing helmets are a must.

No handsaws, PLEASE

Some have posted that they do not have climbing gear, we'll work on getting you outfitted closer to the climb date.

If you have extra stuff let me know and we'll try to match up people and equipment.

So far I have had responses from MA, ME, NH, CT, NY, NJ where are Rhode Island and Vermont?? Pennsylvania??

Last edited:
Walking with all my gear would be intresting........But Can't we ripp my jeep wrangler to the site, throuw evreyones gear in the jeep maybe?

Thanks for posting more. Humm, mountain bike and 40 pounds of gear. That should be interested. Andrew better get a building. :laugh: Glad I bought a army gear bag that can hold 2 rope bags, saddle, ascenders, descenders, rope guide, hand saw, f- cube, and I still have room for more. :D

this i'll come off the perch for

put me on the list OTG. ol'dirty is in.

central mass though huh?

what the hell is out there? other than trees.

gonna need some mo info pal.

let me know.

oldirty

Thanks for posting more. Humm, mountain bike and 40 pounds of gear. That should be interested. Andrew better get a building. :laugh: Glad I bought a army gear bag that can hold 2 rope bags, saddle, ascenders, descenders, rope guide, hand saw, f- cube, and I still have room for more. :D

020, bring all your stuff! I have a couple of walking carts now and a bike trailer. Also looking into borrowing a huge bike trailer from a friend. We'll make it easy enough to move gear.
-moss

I'm just bringing 120' of arborplex, bowline on a bite, and see you at the top!:cheers:

I hope you're bringing plenty of vaseline for rope burns there Donny O. Just 'cause you're 3/4's ape doesn't mean the rest of us can climb like Tarzan! Looking forward to the demo.

Warning: we are now in the official trash talking portion of the pre-climb. :popcorn:

Last edited:
My package came form Bailey's so I have most of what I need. I try to get it all together by the 12th. I should be able to carry my bundle in a backpack and have an extra hand or two left over (to hold onto diltree's jeep:laugh: ). Thanks

Sure will Andrew. And I should have quite a bit of new gear as well. Got my e-mail from Sherrill today that I was shipped something. And the only thing I am waiting for is the Motion. Yeah toys......I mean tools.

Back